Advanced Manufacturing Technology is abbreviated as AMT.
It refers to various changes and new systems brought by traditional technologies such as microelectronics technology, automation technology and information technology.
Specifically, it refers to the general term for technologies, equipment, and systems that are produced by integrating various technologies such as mechanical engineering technology, electronic technology, automation technology, and information technology.
Mainly include: computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, integrated manufacturing systems.
AMT is one of the necessary conditions for manufacturing companies to gain competitive advantage, but it is not a sufficient condition.
Its advantages also depend on the organization and management that can fully utilize the power of technology, relying on the organic coordination and integration of technology, management and human resources.
- Advanced manufacturing technology involves all aspects of product life cycle from market research, product development and process design, production preparation, manufacturing, and after-sales service.
Its purpose is to improve the comprehensive economic and social benefits of the manufacturing industry and is a technology for industrial applications.
- Advanced manufacturing technology emphasizes the application of computer technology, information technology, sensing technology, automation technology, new material technology and modern system management technology in product design, manufacturing and production organization management, sales and after-sales service.
It controls the material flow, energy flow and information flow of the production process and is the systematic engineering of the production process.
Since the 1980s, with the increasingly fierce competition in the global market, advanced manufacturing technology requires the world’s advanced level.
Its competition has shifted from improving labor productivity to time-centered competition for the three elements of time, cost and quality.
Therefore it is a technology for global competition.
- The latest development stage of advanced manufacturing technology maintains the effective elements of past manufacturing technology, and absorbs various high-tech achievements, penetrates into all fields of product production and all processes, thus forming a complete technical group with the new technical field of the 21 century.
Direction of development
The rapid development of information automation technology, including computer technology, automatic control theory, numerical control technology, robotics, CAD/CAM technology, CIM technology and network communication technology, provides an increasingly high-performance means for the development and application of advanced manufacturing technology. .
(1) Industrial application technology
Mechanical, electronic, information, materials and energy technology results are integrated into the manufacturing process.
- Numerical Control (NC) is a technique that uses digital quantities and characters as processing instructions to achieve automatic control.
CNC technology is generally referred to as CNC in foreign countries.
The core of CNC technology is digital control technology.
The computer is used to store, decode, calculate, and logically input the input instructions, and convert the processed information into corresponding control signals, and control the driving components with higher motion precision to make the motion track set by the programmer. Efficient machining, which completely overcomes the shortcomings of traditional machining.
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) is a system composed of Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing.
Relying on powerful software to complete modeling, solving, analysis, virtual simulation, machining simulation, drawing, CNC programming, and programming of product files in product design.
- Special processing technology, the essence of traditional mechanical cutting processing is: the tool material is harder than the workpiece, and the excess material on the workpiece is cut off by mechanical energy. The shape of the part is generated by the forming motion of the machine tool.
However, with the development of production and scientific experiments, many industrial sectors require cutting-edge science and technology products to develop in the direction of high precision, high speed, high temperature resistance, miniaturization and structural complexity.
Dimensional accuracy, surface roughness and some special requirements are getting higher and higher, the workpiece material is getting harder and harder, the processing surface is more and more complicated, and the traditional processing method can not meet the production needs.
People explore the use of electrical, magnetic, acoustic, optical, chemical and other energy or a combination of multiple energy applied to the workpiece to be processed, to achieve material removal, deformation, change performance or non-traditional processing methods such as plating, these methods are collectively referred to as special processing.
(2) Manufacturing automation
The organic combination of information technology, automation technology and modern enterprise management technology.
Computer-controlled reprogrammable multi-function operator, also known as industrial robot.
It can perform a variety of operations in three dimensions.
Robotics combines high technology with computer science, cybernetics, institutional science, information, sensing technology, artificial intelligence and bionics.
It is composed of joint components, end effectors, fuselage and control devices, and has the function of human action.
Another type of intelligent robot is an analysis robot and a walking device that have the functions of feeling, touch, analysis, judgment, decision, and walking because of the installation of sensory elements and remote sensing elements.
- Group technology
People use high-volume production organization to produce single-piece small batch parts with high-efficiency production equipment and efficient process technology, which reduces production costs.
Group Technology (Group Technology for short) has emerged.
Group technology is the principle of applying similarity.
In the production of multi-variety products, similar parts are organized together for production, so that the parts in the group are approximated as large batches of the original single varieties, or the single-piece and small batch production is mass-produced.
Production is carried out according to the production organization and management technology of mass production.
3. Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS)
It is a system that automatically completes the processing, loading, unloading, transportation and management of workpieces by using the computer as the control center.
It has the functions of online programming, online monitoring, repair, and automatic conversion processing products.
A flexible manufacturing system is summarized as three parts: a processing system, a material storage and transportation system, and a computer-controlled information flow system.
The flexible manufacturing system has:
- Highly flexible – online programming enables the computer to respond to high-automation equipment operations;
- High efficiency – reasonable control of the cutting amount of equipment to achieve efficient processing, reducing auxiliary time and preparation, termination time;
- Highly automated – the machining, assembly, inspection, handling, and warehouse access of the workpiece is completely done by highly automated equipment
- Flexible production greatly reduces the number of operators and machine tools, improves machine tool utilization, shortens production cycle, reduces product cost, reduces inventory, reduces liquidity, and shortens the capital flow cycle, so it can achieve higher comprehensive economic benefits.
(3) System Management Technology
Comprehensive automation of manufacturing industry, integrated automation of process industry, system technology, etc. are applied to the whole process of manufacturing to achieve high quality, high efficiency, low consumption, clean and flexible production, and obtain ideal technical and economic effects.
1. Concurrent Engineering (CE)
It is a systematic working mode for parallel and integrated design of products and their design process and manufacturing process.
This model allows product developers to consider all the factors from the beginning of the concept to the end of the product’s production cycle, including the quality, cost, schedule and technical performance of the product and performance requirements, reducing possible problems in the manufacturing process, accelerate the product development process, and shorten the development cycle.
The biggest feature of concurrent engineering is the use of computer simulation technology, using the upstream and downstream common decision-making methods, on the computer to design the entire life cycle of the product.
2. Virtual Manufacturing (VM)
Using computer technology, modeling technology, information processing technology, simulation technology to carry out comprehensive simulation people, materials, information and manufacturing processes in real manufacturing activities to discover problems in design or manufacturing.
The improvement is completed before the actual production of the product, omitting the development stage of the product, achieving the purpose of reducing design and production costs, shortening the product development cycle, and enhancing product competitiveness.
3. Computer Integrated Manufacturing System (CIMS)
It’s one advanced manufacturing system which based on automation technology, information technology and manufacturing technology, through the computer network and database to integrate the automation system, and complete the high-efficiency and high-flexibility of a series of production processes from raw material procurement to product sales.
The system includes technical application systems, engineering design and manufacturing systems, management information systems, manufacturing automation systems, quality assurance systems and support systems, database systems, and communication network assurance systems.