The laser welding robot, an advanced technology that combines robotics and laser technology, is used in areas such as product surface processing, drilling, welding, and mold repair.
Unlike the current conventional spot welding techniques, laser welding achieves molecular bonding between two steel plates.
In layman’s terms, the hardness of the welded steel plate is equivalent to that of a single steel plate, thereby increasing the body strength by 30% and significantly improving the precision of the body assembly.
Everyone knows that traditional manual welding tasks severely harm the health of the workers, and that the quality of the products cannot be guaranteed.
For these reasons, an increasing number of small and medium-sized manufacturing enterprises are opting for high-performance laser welding robots to replace traditional welders in performing welding tasks.
The use of laser welding robots enhances production efficiency, welding strength, and results in narrower weld seams, and fewer workpiece deformations. Here, we’d like to share some key features and advantages of laser welding robots, hoping it will be of some help.
1. Laser welding robots can control the power and size of the laser focus, dynamically adjusting it according to processing requirements, while monitoring the manufacturing process in real time, enabling a variety of applications.
2. The beam spot of the laser welding robot is small, which significantly improves processing accuracy. Its minimal heat-affected zone results in high-quality weld seams that are less prone to shrinkage, deformation, embrittlement, and thermal cracking. The purifying effect of the laser welding pool cleanses the weld seam metal, making the mechanical properties of the weld seam equivalent to, or better than the base material.
3. Laser welding robots use fiber optics to transmit lasers, separating the energy source and processing equipment spatially and swiftly. The light energy generated by the laser can be transmitted to a distant workstation through a very thin optical fiber. Through laser welding robots, the welding of the workpiece can be achieved.
4. One laser welding robot can replace three to four resistance welding robots. Utilizing a laser welding robot eliminates the need for a multitude of templates and fixtures, reducing the workshop area by half and saving on investment costs.
5. The laser welding robot can alter its programming according to different workpieces to accomplish various tasks, significantly reducing the processing costs of the workpieces. This ensures the production efficiency and capacity of the enterprise, earning it the trust of customers.
As industrial automation technology continues to evolve and advance, future welding innovations will create even more possibilities for mankind.