CNC machine tool is the abbreviation of Computer numerical control machine tools, which is an automatic machine tool with program control system.
The control system is capable of logically processing a program having control code or other symbolic instruction specifications, decodes it, and uses a coded digital representation to input the numerical control device through the information carrier.
Through the arithmetic processing, various control signals are issued by the numerical control device to control the movement of the machine tool, and the parts are automatically processed according to the shape and size required by the drawings.
The CNC machine tool solves the complex, precise, small batch and multi-variety parts processing problem. It is a flexible and high-performance automatic machine tool, which represents the development direction of modern machine tool control technology.
It is a typical mechatronic product.
The operation and monitoring of the CNC machine is all done in this CNC unit, which is the brain of the CNC machine.
Compared with ordinary machine tools, CNC machine tools have the following characteristics:
- It has strong adaptability to the processing object, adapts to the characteristics of single-piece production of molds and other products, and provides suitable processing methods for the manufacture of molds;
- High processing precision and stable processing quality;
- Can carry out multi-coordinate linkage, can process parts with complex shapes;
- When the machining parts are changed, generally only need to change the NC program, which can save production preparation time;
- The machine tool itself has high precision and rigidity, and can choose favorable processing amount and high productivity (usually 3~5 times of ordinary machine tools);
- The machine tool has a high degree of automation, which can reduce the labor intensity;
- Conducive to the modernization of production management.
CNC machine tools use digital information and standard code to process and transfer information. Computer control methods are used to lay the foundation for computer-aided design, manufacturing and management integration.
- The requirements for the quality of the operators are higher, and the technical requirements for the maintenance personnel are higher.
- High reliability.