Computer Integrated Manufacturing System (CIMS) is a result of the development of computer-aided design and manufacturing.
It is based on the automation technology and manufacturing of information technology.
It integrates various isolated automation subsystems dispersed in the product design and manufacturing process through computer technology to form a multi-variety and small-batch production to achieve integrated and intelligent manufacturing systems of overall benefits.
At present, China’s CIMS has changed to “Contemporary Integrated Manufacturing” and “Contemporary Integrated Manufacturing System”.
It has expanded the connotation of the original CIM/CIMS in breadth and depth.
Among them, the meaning of “modern” is computerization, informationization, and intelligence.
“Integration” has a wider range of content, including three stages of integration optimization: information integration, process integration and inter-enterprise integration;
Integrated optimization of three elements and three streams in enterprise activities;
Integrated optimization of CIMS related technologies and integration optimization of various personnel.
CIMS not only integrates technical systems and operating production systems, but also integrates people (people’s ideas, ideas and intelligence) to keep the workflow, logistics and information flow of the entire enterprise open and organic.
Therefore, CIMS is the product of the integration of people, business and technology.
From the aspect of production process, CIMS can be roughly divided into three types: discrete manufacturing, continuous manufacturing and hybrid manufacturing;
From the perspective of architecture, CIMS can also be divided into three types: centralized, decentralized and hybrid.
CIMS is a means of enterprise management operation and an application of strategic thinking.
Its initial investment is large, involving a wide range, and the fund withdrawal period is long, and it is difficult to see benefits in the short term.
Therefore, when evaluating the benefits of CIMS, it is not possible to measure its benefits by monetary standards alone, and it is necessary to comprehensively consider its efficiency indicators.
The so-called comprehensive benefits refer to the various benefits that the CIMS system can bring to enterprises and society.
Can be understood from the following aspects:
(1) The application of CIMS increases the profit that labor productivity brings to enterprises and contributes to the country’s increase in national income.
(2) The application of CIMS improves the company’s ability to respond to the market and its ability to resist risks, and contributes to the company’s business strategy;
The contribution of improving the competitiveness of the enterprise market and promoting technological progress.
(3) Contribution to improve the quality and technical level of employees throughout the company.
(4) Contribution to the conservation of natural resources.
(5) By applying and promoting CIMS technology, we will contribute to the country’s optimization of industrial structure, development of new industries, and improvement of competitiveness in the international market.