A horizontal lathe is mainly used for turning a rotating workpiece with a turning tool.
On the lathe, drills, reamer, broacher, taps, dies and knurling tools can also be used for machining.
The horizontal lathe is represented by C6×××, where C—the machine tool classification number, which represents the lathe machine tool; 6—the group code, indicating the horizontal type.
The other sections represent the relevant parameters and improvement numbers for the lathe.
- The frame, bed and oil pan of the lathe adopts the integral casting structure, with high rigidity and good shock resistance, which is in line with the characteristics of high-speed cutting machine tools.
- The bed head box adopts three support structure, the three supports are tapered roller bearings, the spindle is easy to adjust, the rotation precision is high, and the precision retention is good.
- The feed box is equipped with a metric thread conversion mechanism, and the selection of the thread type is convenient and reliable.
- There is a cone clutch safety device in the slide box to prevent damage to the parts after the automatic tool overload.
- There is a four-station automatic feed mechanical stop device in the longitudinal direction of the machine. The longitudinal length of the workpiece can be set by adjusting the longitudinal position of the cam on the stop bar to realize the longitudinal sizing of the part.
- The tailstock is equipped with a shifting device to meet the needs of drilling and reaming.
- The design of the lathe lubrication system is reasonable and reliable. The front box, the feed box and the slide box are all spray-lubricated in the body, and the line pump and plunger pump are added to automatically forcibly lubricate the special parts.
The gearbox is used to change the speed of the spindle.
Mainly composed of transmission shaft and transmission gear.
By manipulating the gearbox and the shifting handle on the outside of the headstock to change the position of the gear or clutch, the spindle can achieve 12 different speeds.
The reversal of the spindle is achieved by the reversal of the motor.
The headstock is used to support the spindle and make it rotate at various speeds.
The spindle is hollow for easy passage through long workpieces.
At the front end of the spindle, the tip can be mounted using a tapered hole, or the chuck and the dial can be mounted on the conical surface of the front end of the spindle to clamp the workpiece.
(3) Hanging wheel box
The hanging wheel box is used to match the gears with different numbers of teeth to obtain different feed rates.
Mainly used for turning different types of threads.
(4) Feed box
The feed box is used to change the feed rate.
The movement of the main shaft into the feed box through the hanging wheel box, by changing the meshing position of the sliding gear in the feed box by moving the shifting handle, can achieve different speeds of the polished rod or the screw rod.
(5) Slide box
The slide box is used to change the rotation of the light bar and the screw to the automatic feed motion of the tool holder.
The light bar is used for general turning and the screw is only used for threading.
There is an interlock mechanism in the slide box so that the two cannot be used at the same time.
(6) Tool holder
The tool holder is used to hold the turning tool and make it move longitudinally, laterally or obliquely.
It consists of the following parts:
1) Bed saddle
It is connected to the slide box and can be moved longitudinally along the bed rail with a lateral rail on it.
2) Medium skateboard
It can be moved laterally along the guide rails on the saddle.
It is fastened with the middle slide plate with screws, and the screw can be loosened to any angle in the horizontal plane.
4) Small skateboard
It can be moved along the guide rail above the turntable for a short distance; when the turntable is deflected by a certain angle, the small slide can be fed obliquely for the car cone.
5) Square knife holder
It is fixed on the small skateboard, and can simultaneously clamp four turning tools; when the locking handle is released, the square tool holder can be rotated to replace the required turning tool into the working position.
The tailstock is used to mount the rear tip to support the workpiece, or to install a drill, reamer and other tools for hole machining.
The tailstock is mainly composed of a sleeve, a tailstock body and a base.
By turning the handwheel, the sleeve can be adjusted to a certain distance, and the tailstock can be moved along the bed rail to the desired position to meet the requirements of different workpiece machining.
The bed is fixed to the leg of the bed, which is the basic support for the lathe.
The function of the bed is to support the main components and maintain their relative position during operation.
The lead screw can drive the large carriage for longitudinal movement and is used to turn the thread.
The lead screw is one of the main precision parts in the lathe, and it is generally not automatically fed by the lead screw to maintain the precision of the lead screw for a long time.
10) Light bar
The light bar is used to transmit motion during motorized feed.
The movement of the feed box can be transmitted to the slide box through the light bar, so that the tool holder can be fed longitudinally or laterally.
The joystick is the control mechanism of the lathe.
A handle is mounted on the left end of the joystick and on the right side of the pallet, so that the operator can easily manipulate the handle to control the spindle spindle to rotate forward, reverse or stop.