Milling and drilling machines are one of the main equipment for machining.
The process of using a milling cutter to shape a workpiece on a milling machine is referred to as milling. This technique can be employed to create flat surfaces, steps, bevels, grooves, shapes, gears, and cuts.
Part of the model number (referred to as the machine model).
The meaning of the common code for milling machines.
1. Class and classification code
According to the current standard, China’s machine tools are categorized into 11 groups based on their operating principles. The classification of each machine tool is represented by capitalized Chinese Pinyin letters, and if needed, each group can be further sub-divided into smaller categories. The sub-category code appears before the classification code in the model number and is represented by Arabic numerals.
2. General characteristics and structural characteristics code
These two codes representing features are denoted by capitalized Chinese Pinyin letters and are positioned after the class code. The generic feature code has a consistent, standard definition and has the same interpretation across models of various machine tools. The general characteristic code is pronounced based on its corresponding Chinese character meaning and represents the general characteristics of the machine tool.
The main parameters in the machine model are indicated by the numerical value after the system code. When the value is greater than 1, no leading zeros are added, and when the value is less than 1, the first digit after the decimal point is used and a leading zero is added.
For consistency in naming and grouping of the machine tool, division of the system, and representation of the main parameters in the model, refer to GB/T15375-94. The standard for metal cutting machines has a uniform naming convention and a table for class, group, and system division.
Milling Drilling Machine Operation Precautions
(1) When installing workpieces, fixtures, and accessories on a milling machine, it is important to thoroughly clean and remove any iron filings and dirt from the tabletop and mounting surface of the fixture or accessory to ensure accurate machining.
(2) After completing the work, remove the milling cutter from the workpiece, place the handle in the neutral position, and thoroughly check the condition of the milling machine, milling cutter, and fixture. Then, turn off the power supply, clean the milling machine, and apply lubricant to the rail surface before ending the work session.
(3) Proper maintenance of the milling machine is crucial. The work and guide surfaces of the milling machine are precision surfaces, so it is important to handle heavy objects carefully and avoid rough blanks from impacting them.
If abnormal noise or overheating of the spindle bearing in the gearbox of the milling machine is detected, stop the machine immediately and do not force it to continue working. Regular inspection and maintenance should be carried out as scheduled.