The shaping machine is a planer for linear reciprocating motion. The ram has a planer. It is named because the knife holder at the front end of the ram is shaped like a bull’s head.
The head planer mainly uses the main movement of the small and medium-sized head planer, and most of them use the crank rocker mechanism to drive, so the moving speed of the ram is not uniform.
Large-scale bullhead planers are mostly hydraulically driven, and the ram is basically moving at a constant speed.
It’s used to plan the plane, forming faces and grooves on small and medium-sized workpieces in a single batch production.
Since the return stroke speed of the ram is greater than the work stroke speed, the single-edge planer is used, and the ram is not cut when the ram returns, so the productivity of the head planer is low.
The main parameter of the machine is the maximum planing length.
The head planer mainly includes a common head planer, a profiled head planer and a mobile head planer.
Ordinary head planer is carried out by a ram with a planer to make a horizontal straight line. The tool holder can be rotated at an angle in the vertical plane and can be fed manually. The workbench carries intermittent or vertical feed motions with workpieces, which are commonly used to machine planes, grooves and dovetail surfaces.
The profiling planer is to add a profiling mechanism to a conventional head planer for processing shaped surfaces such as turbine blades.
The rams and slides of the mobile bullhead planer can also be moved on the bed (horizontal) or upright (vertical) for planing the partial plane of very large workpieces.
The bullhead planer is mainly used for the plane, forming surface and groove on small and medium-sized workpieces in single-piece small batch production.
Its main features are:
- The worktable of the bullhead planer can turn left and right. The workbench has a fast moving mechanism for lateral and lifting. It is used to plan the inclined plane, thus expanding the scope of use.
- The feed system of the planer adopts a cam mechanism and has 10 feeds. It is also very convenient to change the amount of the knife.
- The bullhead planer is equipped with an overload safety mechanism in the pass system. When the operation is inadvertent or affected by external forces and the cutting overload, the knife slips on its own, and the non-destructive parts ensure the normal operation of the machine.
- The ram and the bed rails and the gears with speed and the main sliding guide surface are lubricated by the oil pumped by the oil pump.
- The bullhead planer is equipped with a clutch and a brake parking mechanism, so it is not necessary to cut off the power when changing the speed, starting the machine and stopping the machine. The brake parking mechanism can make the inertial stroke of the ram when the clutch is disengaged by no more than 10 mm.
First, earnestly implement the relevant provisions of the “General Practices for Metal Cutting Machine Tools”.
Second, earnestly implement the following supplementary provisions.
Third, earnestly do before work:
- Check that the feed ratchet cover should be installed correctly and securely tight to prevent loosening during feeding.
- Before the empty running test, the ram should be moved back and forth by hand. After confirming that the situation is good, move it again.
Fourth, work hard to:
- When the beam is raised and lowered, the locking screw must be loosened first. The screw should be tightened during work.
- It is not allowed to adjust the ram stroke during the operation of the machine. When adjusting the stroke of the ram, it is not allowed to use the tapping method to loosen or press the adjustment handle.
- The ram stroke must not exceed the specified range. Do not allow high speed when using a long stroke.
- When the worktable is driven by hand or shaken by hand, pay attention to the limit of the lead screw stroke to prevent the lead screw and nut from being disengaged or impacted and damage the machine tool.
- When loading and unloading the vise, it should be lightly handled, so as not to hurt the workbench.
Fifth, after work, stop the workbench in the middle of the beam.
The bullhead planer is unevenly fed
- The joint between the two ends of the universal joint is too large.
- The two forks of the universal joint are not in the same plane.
- The pin and the hole gap of the universal joint crosshead are too large.
- Poor contact of ratchet claws.
- The positioning of the feed box is too low.
The bullhead planer separator is out of control and the tubing is dropped.
- The oil separator adjustment bolts are too loose.
- The oil separator adjusts the deflection of the tapered bolt.
- The tubing bundle is not secure.
Bullhead planer oil spill
- The bolts on the contact surface of the box are not tightened.
- The box contact mat is dirty.
- The glue on the contact surface of the cabinet is uneven.
Bullhead planer brake is not sensitive
- The lever of the brake is loose.
- The position of the brake lever is not adjusted properly.