Water cutting, also known as waterjet, that is, high pressure water jet cutting technology.
It is a machine that cuts with high pressure water.
The workpiece can be arbitrarily carved under the control of the computer, and is less affected by the texture of the material.
Because of its low cost, easy operation, and high yield, water cutting is becoming the mainstream cutting method in industrial cutting technology.
According to the situation of sand addition, water cutting is divided into two methods:
- no sand cutting
- sand cutting
- Large water cutting machine
- Small water cutting machine
- Three-dimensional water cutting machine
- Dynamic water cutting machine
Divided by pressure:
- High pressure type water cutting machine
- Low pressure type water cutting machine
Generally limited by 100MPa.
Above 100MPa is high pressure type;
Below 100MPa is low pressure type;
200MPa or more is ultra high pressure type.
Divided by technical principle:
- premixed water cutting machine
- postmixed water cutting machine
Classified by safe cutting:
- Safety cutting type
- Non-safe cutting type
The difference is mainly above the water pressure.
Low-pressure water cutting below 100MPa can be applied to special industries such as hazardous chemicals, petroleum, coal mines, and hazardous materials.
After a lot of experiments, it was found that when the water pressure exceeds a certain threshold, even pure water will detonate some sensitive chemicals.
The sand-containing water cuts because the water contains abrasive sand, the potential energy of the sand and the impact force and the object collide, the energy generated will also cause the instability of special chemicals.
After a lot of experiments and arguments, the final threshold is about 237.6MPa.
Therefore, in the water cutting industry, it’s mainly used in the mechanical processing industry for the water cutting above 200 MPa.
- Numerical control of various complicated patterns;
- It is cold cut, does not produce thermal deformation or thermal effect;
- Environmental protection, no pollution, no toxic gases and dust;
- Can process a variety of high hardness materials, such as: glass, ceramics, stainless steel, etc.; or relatively soft materials, such as: leather, rubber, disposable diapers;
- Is the only means of complex processing of complex materials and fragile porcelain materials;
- The cut is smooth, no slag, no secondary processing;
- Drilling, cutting and forming work can be completed at one time;
- Low production costs;
- High degree of automation;
- 24 hours of continuous work.