If you want to purchase a spiral duct machine, you can check out the details here.
Spiral duct machine definition
First, let’s see what is the spiral duct machine?
Spiral duct machine is used to produce a spiral air duct.
It is used in various military industries. It is also used in the manufacture of ventilation pipes and exhaust pipes for trains and subways in our life. It is mainly used for air circulation between the two places, which plays the role of ventilation.
The spiral duct with good quality runs without big noise, no water leakage, no air leakage, and good corrosion resistance.
The spiral duct machine was originally developed and manufactured in Switzerland. Other countries have always relied on imports, but later on, relying on the introduction of advanced technology, many countries have also developed spiral duct machines, including China. There are many reliable spiral duct machine manufacturers, Artizono is one of them.
The most widely used air duct on the market today is the spiral duct. According to statistics, the spiral ducts for office buildings, shopping malls, and subways in the United States have reached 95.6%, and the spiral ducts for central air-conditioning applications in residential buildings have reached 72.5%. The spiral duct is mainly coated with a layer of zinc on the duct iron to protect the iron sheet.
The delicate spiral pressing rib technology makes the spiral air duct have the best strength to withstand the pressure. After the spiral rib is added, the thickness of the lock seam is four times that of the tube. The rigidity of the pipe is very large, showing the superiority of the sturdy. It can withstand the maximum pressure load without damage, and the thickness of the material can be reduced by 15%, which will reduce the cost.
Spiral ducts were first applied to military industries in Western countries, such as warships, ship exhaust (air supply) systems, and later used in civilian facilities such as trains, subways, and mines.
Features of Spiral Duct Machine
It is a high-end round tube processing equipment.
Compared with similar round tube manufacturing equipment, this spiral duct machine has the characteristics of flexibility and universality and can process the circular tube of any diameter within the range of Φ80-1500mm. It is simple to adjust, and no need to have a fixed die. The length of the round tube can be freely fixed, and the sawing is automatically cut off.
The spiral duct machine is controlled by PLC program, operated by the touchscreen interface.
The main machine can be frequency modulated, stepless speed change.
The linear motion adopts pneumatic form.
The sealing pressure is in the form of gas-liquid pressurization (the pressing force can be adjusted according to the plate thickness 6-12MPa), all linear motions are in adjustable speed and pressure regulation.
What are the features of spiral duct?
Let’s dive in.
Since the iron sheet is easily chemically reacted in various environments, it causes corrosion and rust.
Zinc hardly changes in dry air. In moist air, a dense zinc carbonate film is formed on the zinc surface.
The spiral duct is mainly coated with a layer of zinc on the duct iron to protect the iron sheet. After the passivation treatment, coating of the photoresist, the zinc coating can significantly improve its protection and decoration.
Compared with the traditional white iron pipe that is hand-knocked, the spiral duct made by spiral duct machine has the following advantages:
- Good sealing.
- Smooth appearance, no zinc, burr, in silvery white color;
- Easy installation and fewer connection points; low ventilation resistance and low ventilation noise;
- Both strength and rigidity are good;
- The thickness is controllable, can be selected within 5-107μn;
- No hydrogen embrittlement, no temperature hazard, can ensure the mechanical properties of the material unchanged;
- Can replace some of the technique requiring hot-dip galvanizing;
- Good corrosion resistance, a neutral salt spray test for 240 hours;
- It is completed by hot-dip galvanizing method and is suitable for various strong corrosive environments such as strong acid and alkali mist.
- It can be designed and customized according to customer requirements.
- High grade and beautiful appearance.
Technical Parameters of Spiral Duct Machine
- Pipe diameter: ￠80mm-￠1500mm
- Processing plate thickness: 0.4-1.2mm Note: galvanized (cold rolling, such as DC51D+Z, DX51D+Z, sGCC)
- Processing board width: 137mm
- Production speed: 1-36m/min, adjustable
- Power: 5.5kw
- Cutting power: 4Kw
- Electronic control system: computer PLC control
- Dimensions: 2200*2000*2530mm
Handling, installation, and commissioning of spiral duct machine
1) The long-distance transportation of the spiral duct machine must remove the mold base and install it on the bottom frame.
Move the rack and tail-rack to the proper position and tighten with the elastic screws.
When the machine is lifted, four ring screws are respectively installed in the screw holes at both ends of the arc guide rail under the discharge rack and the screw holes of the mold frame are installed on the platform.
- When the spiral duct machine is installed, the mold base is loaded from the bottom frame to the platform, and the discharge rack (pipe bracket) is placed in the vertical direction of the mold frame plane to align with the center rail of the mold base. The travel switch is mounted on the discharge rack. Connect the plug and the machine. When the spiral duct machine is positioned, it only needs to in basic levelness. According to the horizontal and vertical of the center rail of the mold base, the rack and the foundation should not be shaken. There must be standard grounding. The induction power will affect the sensitivity of the inverter and PLC.
- Turn on the power, open the touchscreen interface, press the [cut start] button, the cutting machine runs, pay attention to the running direction and the sawtooth direction.
Operation of Spiral Duct Machine
Control panel of spiral duct machine
This spiral duct machine adopts touch screen operation control. The following is the touch screen operator interface and operation button introduction:
Touch screen operation interface diagram
1) Manual/Auto: Manual – can realize the slow, single-stage operation of the spiral duct machine; jog – the motor will reverse; press the cutting motor button can realize single cycle cutting. In the replacement of the pipe specifications, the steel strip must be operated in this form when it is restarted. Automatic means when the pipe diameter, length dimension and the lock are adjusted well, to make the spiral duct machine running continuously, which can be automatically cycled.
2) High speed: The machine runs continuously at high speed in the manual state.
3) Low speed: The machine runs continuously at low speed in the manual state.
4) Forward/reverse: In the manual state, the machine generates a positive and negative slow running in jog mode.
5) Compression: Control the compression and release of the upper seaming wheel.
6) Cutting: Press this button to cut once in a single cycle.
7) Time setting: press the “System Maintenance” button to open a page to set the time interval of the next automatic cycle after the end of the automatic cycle. (Obviously, the time unit is in seconds)
10) Start: In the natural state, press this button (to avoid misoperation, press 2 times), the spiral duct machine start in automatically reciprocating cycle. Press this button again when you need to stop the spiral duct machine.
11) Jog: Press and hold this button, the machine will run in slow forward and reverse direction.
12) Emergency stop: Press the emergency stop switch when an abnormal situation occurs.
13) Speed regulation: adjust the frequency of the inverter, the machine has a stepless variable.
14) Footswitch: It works in jog mode in the manual state, and can cut off the power and stop the spiral duct machine in the automatic running state.
The operation method of the spiral duct machine
1) Install the steel strip with a width of 137mm on the loading rack, and adjust the tail-rack to the position where the diameter of the round tube matches. Add oil to the oil wheel in the material feeding inlet (normal motor oil)
2) Mount the steel strip mold on the mold base according to the diameter of the pipe. Check that the lower joint wheel matches the thickness of the strip. (Depending on the thickness of the strip, there are 4 matching seam wheel)
3) Insert the strip into the feed port to jog it through the four rolls and the platen to the upper and lower seam wheel. During this process, the symmetry of the lock on both sides of the strip and the angle of the joint are adjusted.
Adjust lock size
4) Turn the strip into a spiral tube shape in the mold at a slow jog speed, press the upper pressing wheel, and insert the wheel port into the female port. Turn out a small section at a slow speed, then flatten the mouth by the saw, check the diameter of the tube, and fine-adjust if there is any error.
5) Transfer the nozzle to the discharge rack at slow or medium speed. Adjust the height of the discharge rack and the axial parallelism of the round tube, and adjust the tube length and stroke switch.
6) The above adjustment method needs to continue to observe and adjust after the first tube is made until it can be smoothly transferred.
Maintenance of Spiral Duct Machine
46#, refueling once every 8 hours of operation
refueling once every 40 hours of operation, the position of the refueling part is all the bearings and gears.
Every time you change the pipe size, you must remove the iron filings and garbage from the corner gap.
Clean up before work and wipe clean.
If the downtime is too long, power off, gas off, and oiling are required.
Spiral Duct Machine Components
Touchscreen from Taiwan
Frequency converter: Common KEMRON
PLC: Japan Omron
The upper and lower rolls of the spiral duct machine are made of Gr15 steel, the quenching hardness reaches HRC58-62 degrees, and the belt mold is made of elastic steel.
The air pressure system of spiral duct machine consists of a compression cylinder, a return cylinder and a lifting cylinder.
The circuit diagram of the spiral duct machine can be found below.
Fig. Wiring Diagram of Spiral Duct Machine
You can also download the PDF file here. (in high definition)
Advantages of Spiral Duct
(1) The installation of the spiral duct reduces the connection point between the tube so that the leakage at the tube joint is minimized.
The length of the typical spiral duct is 3~6m, and the length of a typical rectangular duct is the only 1~1.5m; and the connection of two spiral ducts requires only one pipe joint, while the connection of conventional rectangular ducts often requires a completely independent double flange system.
(2) Standardized products.
The production of spiral round duct fittings (pipe fittings and joints) is highly automated, systematic and has industrial quality control.
(3) The installation cost is low.
The installation time of the circular duct system is only 1/3 of that of a similar rectangular duct.
(4) Usually, only a small installation space is required.
A circular pipe with a diameter of 200mm in the same installation space can replace a rectangular pipe of 250x150mm without adding any pressure.
Several parallel circular pipes can replace flat rectangular pipes without adding additional installation space.
Considering all the factors, in most cases, the circular pipe takes up less space than the rectangular pipe.
For the same pressure characteristics, the installation space of several circular pipes is often the same or less than the installation space of a rectangular pipe.
Many rectangular piping systems require a 4-bolt system for installation, which adds 40~80mm in all directions of the pipe.
- Low pressure: It is well known that the wind resistance of a circular duct is much smaller than that of a rectangular duct.
- Precision lock forming process: The molds used in the equipment are all special steel. Even after three or five years of use, the surface of the pressed mold remains unchanged, so that the surface of the galvanized steel plate is not damaged. The service life of the air duct is prolonged, the seam is evenly flat, the lock is tight, the connection force is strong, and the sealing property is good.
- Safety seal leakage prevention system.
- The delicate spiral pressing rib technology makes the spiral air duct have the best strength to withstand the pressure. After the spiral type rib is added, the thickness of the lock seam is four times that of the tube body which makes the tube in large rigidity. It can withstand the maximum pressure load without loss of deformation, the material thickness can be reduced by 15% and reducing costs.
- When in the same cross-sectional area, the circumference of the rectangular duct with an aspect ratio of 1:3 is 40% longer than the circumference of the spiral duct, so a lot of the materials will be saved if using the spiral duct. Similarly, due to the short circumference of the spiral duct, the insulation material can also be correspondingly reduced.
The material is commonly used galvanized iron strip (commonly known as star iron), stainless steel belt, soft aluminum belt.
0.3 to 1.2 mm
φ125~φ1500mm (with appropriate diameter and thickness), stepless choice.
Applications of Spiral Duct
The spiral duct is a thin-walled tube made of metal strips. It is round, no welding, no air leakage, no water leakage. It is used for air and bulk material transportation instead of traditional white iron pipe (ie manual lock iron pipe). It is a kind of air duct.
Its main uses are as follows:
1) Air supply, including ventilation
Such as the supply of fresh air and exhaust, this range is very wide, such as the air in the factory workshop and production site.
Since the generation of harmful gases needs to be discharged outside, and also need to send outdoor air to the room. At this time, it is necessary to use an air conveying pipe with a large flow rate and a small pressure. The spiral air pipe is most suitable.
Generally, a galvanized iron pipe is used, and a stainless steel pipe is used in a corrosive and particularly humid place.
2) Send cold air.
The most common is the central air-conditioning pipe, which requires insulation. The spiral duct can be covered with insulation material, and the appearance looks beautiful.
3) Exhaust fumes.
The kitchens of restaurants and hotels all have a large amount of lampblack, which needs to be discharged. The use of a circular duct is an oil chimney. Here, the spiral duct is called a lampblack tube.
4) Dust removal.
Some factories produce a lot of dust in the workshop and need a special dust removal device. For the pipeline with a large air flow, a spiral duct can be used.
5) Bulk material transport.
In the production process of some factories, it is necessary to transport loose particles, especially those with a small specific gravity such as foamed plastic pellets, The use of spiral ducts is low in cost and good in effect.
Since the spiral duct machine can only produce straight tubes, it has developed equipment such as elbow machines.