What is sheet metal bending?
Sheet metal bending refers to the process of turning flat sheet metal into three-dimensional through pressure equipment and special molds, which is called sheet metal bending.
Due to different materials, thicknesses, lengths and widths of plates and different shapes and angles to be formed, there are bending machines with different tonnage and pressure, and upper and lower molds with different heights, shapes and v-openings and special molds with special shapes.
- Press Brake 101: Everything You Need to Know
- Press Brake Dies (Toolings): The Ultimate Guide
- Press Brake Tonnage Calculator (It’s FREE to Use)
Sheet Metal Bending Calculator
With our FREE online sheet metal bending calculator, you can easily get the value of K factor, Y factor, bend allowance, bend deduction, arc length as well as the leg length and unfolding flat size.
- Input material thickness and and inner radius to get the data of K factor, Y factor, neutral layer.
- Then input the bend angle to get the arc length, bend allowance and bend deduction.
- Then input leg length A and B to get the flat size of the sheet.