What Is Sheet Metal Bending?
Sheet metal bending is the process of transforming flat sheet metal into a three-dimensional shape using pressure equipment and specialized molds.
The specific type of bending machine, upper and lower molds, and special molds used will vary depending on the material, thickness, length, and width of the plate, as well as the desired shape and angle.
To achieve the desired results, different bending machines with varying tonnage and pressure, molds with different heights, shapes, and v-openings, as well as molds with unique shapes, are necessary.
Sheet Metal Bending Calculator
Our free online sheet metal bending calculator enables you to rapidly determine the crucial parameters in sheet metal bending calculations, such as the K-factor, Y-factor, bend allowance, bend deduction, arc length, and unfolding flat size.
- K Factor Calculator
- Y Factor Calculator
- Bend Allowance Calculator
- Bend Deduction Calculator
- How To Calculate Bending Allowance, Bending Deduction And K-Factor?
- Input material thickness and inner radius to get the data of K factor, Y factor, neutral layer.
- Then input the bend angle to get the arc length, bend allowance and bend deduction.
- And then input leg length A and B to get the flat size of the sheet.