Metal spinning is a symmetrical rotation forming process for sheet metal. It is often used in furniture, lamps, tableware, aerospace and many other industries.
- Process cost: mold cost (low), unit cost (medium)
- Typical products: furniture, lamps, aerospace, transportation, tableware, jewelry, etc.
- Yield suitable: small-medium batch
- Quality: surface quality is largely dependent on the skill and production speed of the operator
- Speed: moderate production speed, mainly depending on part size, complexity and sheet metal thickness
Suitable for mild metal plates, such as stainless steel, brass, copper, aluminum, titanium, etc.
- Metal spinning is only suitable for manufacturing rotationally symmetrical parts. The most ideal shape is a hemispherical thin shell metal part.
- The internal diameter of parts formed by metal spinning should be controlled within 2.5m
Step 1: Fix the cut circular metal plate on the machine mandrel
Step 2: The mandrel drives the circular metal plate to rotate at high speed, and the tool with the wheel starts to press the metal surface until the metal plate completely fits the inner wall of the mold
Step 3: After molding is completed, the mandrel is removed and the top and bottom of the part are cut off for demolding
Example 1: Metal spinning of lampshade (picture)
Example 2: Spinning process of other metal products