The press brake tool is a tool used by the press brake machine to shape the sheet.
This tool consists of various parts, and the different molds are made up of different parts.
It mainly realizes the processing of the shape of the sheet metal products by changing the physical state of the formed material.
A tool for making a sheet metal into a part of a particular shape and size under the action of the bending machine pressure.
The bending machine mold is divided into the upper and lower molds of the press brake, and the mold for sheet metal forming and separation.
The mold for forming has a cavity, and the mold for separation has a cutting edge.
Generally use T8 or T10, T10A, and better material which is 42CrMo.
The requirement for the mold mainly is high strength/high toughness and good wear resistance.
For cold work die steel, Cr12MoV is a good material.
The performance can be satisfied, the process performance is good, and the price will be high.
42CrMo is a high strength alloy quenched and tempered steel with high strength and good toughness. It can work below 500 degrees.
Specification for the use of press brake molds
- Turn on the power of the bending machine, turn the key switch, press the oil pump to start, and the bending machine oil pump starts to rotate. At this time, the machine has not started working.
- The stroke adjustment, when the official start to use the bending machine mold for bending work, you need to test the running.
A gap in the thickness of a steel plate must be ensured when the upper die of the press brake is lowered to the bottom. Otherwise it will cause damage to the mold and machine.
The adjustment of the stroke is also equipped with electric quick adjustment and manual fine adjustment.
- The selection of the opening of the vee die
Generally choose a notch with a width of 8 times the thickness of the plate.
For a sheet with a thickness of 4 mm, a notch of about 32mm is required.
- Check the coincidence and firmness of the upper and lower molds of the bending machine.
Check that each positioning device meets the requirements for machining.
Always check the overlap of the upper and lower molds.
Whether the indication of the pressure gauge is in compliance with the regulations.
- The sheet material must be compacted when it is bent to prevent the sheet from lifting up and hurting the operator during bending.
- When the sheet material is pressed, the power must be cut off and stopped after running.
- When changing the opening of the lower die of the variable bending machine, no material is allowed to come into contact with the lower die.
- It is forbidden to use the press brake mold to fold the ultra-thick iron plate or the quenched steel plate, the high-grade alloy steel, the square steel and the sheet material exceeding the performance of the sheet bending machine to avoid damage to the machine tool.
- Turn off the press brake machine. Place the wooden block on the lower mold below the two sides of the cylinder to lower the upper slide to the wooden block.
Exit the control system program first, then cut off the power.
When installing the press brake mold, be sure to check the condition of the equipment, then follow the steps to install and debug, pay attention to personal safety when debugging.
(1) Adjustment of the machine
When installing the press brake mold, first understand the performance of the machine.
Turn on the press brake machine, patiently adjust and check if the machine has used dust and iron debris to prevent unnecessary troubles from later use.
(2) Slider stroke adjustment
First check whether the thickness of the press brake mold and the ratio of the upper and lower molds are normal.
The general ram needs to be controlled at the switching point of the travel line.
This must be noted, otherwise it will cause the mold to not work properly, but some people often make such mistakes.
(3) Stroke adjustment
After adjusting the ram stroke standard, the next step is to adjust the upper limit of the mold.
In general, lift the mold to the highest level is to set the switch of the mold.
This can leave the position of the mold to stay, and through some of the above operations, the production efficiency can be greatly increased.
In the process, the mold needs to be slowed down.
Because the mold is going down to the bottom dead center, the mold must be decelerated, thus protecting the machine and the mold.
(4) Adjustment of the gap
Finally, the gap between the bending machine molds is adjusted.
First measure the gap between the upper mold and the lower mold. The reasonable clearance needs to be determined according to the folded plate.
(5) Angle adjustment
Adjusting the bending angle is also the most important part.
The choice of angle is definitely related to the product requirements.
Generally, the 90° mold is folded, so the angle must be set to be greater than the angle between the two sides.
Sometimes it may be tighter and can be handled by adjusting the screws on the machine.
After adjustment, do not modify it if the product does not change the demand.
Then, when bending, use the pressure gauge to calculate the exact pressure number and adjust the pressure to avoid mold collapse.