What is a press brake machine?
Some people often ask, what is a press brake? What is a press brake machine? Are a brake press and press brake the same? What is a press brake used for?
In fact, the answers to all these questions are the same.
Simply put, a press brake is a piece of equipment used to complete the bending and forming of the sheet metal.
If you do want to know the definition of press brake, you can read the article below to learn more details about the history of the phrase “press brake” and why it is been called that way.
The following video might be helpful for you to understand how the press brake bends sheet metal parts.
- Things You Should Know About Press Brake
- Press Brake Bending Basics (A Guide to Sheet Metal Bending)
- 45 Press Brake Terminology You Should Know
Different types of press brake machine
How many types of press brake are there?
If different classification methods are adopted, the types of press brake machines we get are also different, but the most commonly used press brakes are down-moving hydraulic press brakes and CNC press brakes.
Let’s learn more about it through the following classification:
Classified by the source of bending force
According to the source of bending force, the press brake is divided into:
- Mechanical press brake
- Pneumatic press brake
- Hydraulic press brake
- Servo-electric press brake
Mechanical press brake
For the mechanical press brake, the vertical movement of the ram is driven by a crank mechanism which is powered by the flywheel.
Pneumatic press brake
And the pneumatic press brake makes use of air pressure to move the ram.
Hydraulic press brake
The hydraulic press brake utilizes the two synchronized hydraulic cylinders to move the ram.
Servo-electric press brake
Servo-electric press brake uses a servo-motor to drive a ball screw or belt drive to exert force on the ram to make it move vertically. Until the 1950s, mechanical brakes dominated the world market. With the development of hydraulics and computer controls, the hydraulic press brake becomes the most popular all over the world.
Classified by operation
From another point of view, the press brake can be divided into:
- Manual press brake
- Hydraulic press brake
- CNC press brake
Manual press brake
It is the most common type among various press brakes, also been called sheet metal brake.
Manual press brakes are required to adjust the bending dimensions and angles manually when used. It contains worktable, supporters, and the clamping plate. The worktable is mounted on the supporters, which consists of a base and a pressure plate.
Manual press brakes are much more complex in operation than other types of press brakes, therefore, it is necessary to make mass production after confirming bending size and bending angles. When finished one batch of mass production, adjusting bending size and bending angles for continued production.
Hydraulic press brake
Classified by synchronization, the hydraulic press brake can be divided into:
- Torsion Synchro Press Brake
- Electro-Hydraulic Synchro Press Brake
- Hybrid Press Brake
Classified by movement, the hydraulic press brake can be divided into:
- Up Moving Press Brake
- Down Moving Press Brake
CNC Press Brake
Electro-hydraulic servo press brake, which is a kind of sheet metal processing equipment with high precision and efficiency. It consists of:
- machine frame
- ram (slider)
- oil cylinder
- hydraulic proportional servo system
- position detection system
- CNC controller
- electrical control system
- What are The Advantages of Electric Servo Press Brake Over Hydraulic Press Brake？
- Application And Development Of CNC Press Brake
CNC press brake realizes bending function by controlling ram stroke and back gauge.
When using a CNC press brake, you only need to input the number of the pieces required for bending as well as the bending angle for each step, the CNC press brake will finish bending according to the steps you just set in the controller.
Advanced CNC press brake mainly adopts hydro-electric servo system and grating ruler to form closed-loop control.
It features high control accuracy, as well as bending accuracy and repositioning accuracy.
With the progress of science and technology, electro-hydraulic servo synchronization technology is been adopted to complete the upgrade. It mainly has the following advantages:
- CNC press brake using electro-hydraulic servo system to control the two-cylinder synchronization. With the international standard grating ruler realize the full closed-loop control. It featured high precision synchronization, high bending accuracy, high repeat positioning accuracy.
- Equipped with a hydraulic automatic clamp or fast clamp for the upper die, and socket lower die based on customer’s requirement to reduce the labor intensity and improve production efficiency.
- The back gauge of CNC press brakes can be extended to 6-axis. The crowning is automatically adjusted by the controller, which is convenient and accurate.
- Equipped with Germany Bosch-Rexroth valve block, linear motion guide and ball screw manufactured by BLIS, Taiwan HIWIN or other international companies to ensure the positioning accuracy.
- The separated upper die which is in different lengths can be assembled into a certain width according to the requirements of the workpiece in order to meet the special needs of the fabrication.
- Automatic cylinder crowning system overcomes the impact on the workpiece quality caused by ram deformation, to ensure the good straightness and bending angle of the final products.
- 6 Types of Press Brake Bending
- Tips For Using CNC Press Brake
- Application And Development Of CNC Press Brake
- What Is Press Brake Crowning And 3 Types of It
Working principle of press brake machine
How does a hydraulic press brake work?
In simple, the working principle of the press brake can be described as follows:
Fix the punch and die on the upper and lower worktable, utilize the relative motion of the worktable driven by hydraulic transmission as well as the shape of the punch and die, to achieve the bending formation for sheet metal materials.
Detailed description of the press brake working principle:
CNC hydraulic press brake machine integrates numerical control technology, servo and hydraulic technology.
Drive the left and right cylinders to extend and return by controlling the action of the valve.
This process drives the ram of the press brake machine to rise and fall.
The synchronous action of the ram is combined with the feedback of the grating signal and the flow from the proportional valve, which is completed by the CNC system.
The numerical control system is equipped with a display screen, which can be used for human-machine dialogue and simulate the bending process.
The bending of the workpiece at different angles can be formed at one time.
The CNC controls the opening of the two valves of the left and right cylinders.
If required, the flow in the cylinder can be redistributed by the servo valve, causing the upper beam to move linearly in the vertical direction.
The amount of movement is determined by the number of newly measured pulses.
The signal from the CNC controller is controlled by the servo valve and becomes a hydraulic signal to control the action of the valve.
Each cylinder in the hydraulic system has its own independent control circuit, servo valve and filling valve.
Hydraulic Press Brake Working Principle Diagram
- How Does the Press Brake Hydraulic System Work?
- Things You Should Know About Press Brake
- Press Brake vs. CNC Folder (The Ultimate Difference Analysis)
- What is CNC press brake and it’s working principle
Advantages and disadvantages of press brake machine
Advantages of press brake
(1) The press brake is suitable for the production of small batch and multi variety parts: the press brake can realize multi-purpose of one set of punch and die. One die set is used to complete the production of various materials and parts, which has strong applicability.
(2) The manufacturing cost of bending die is low, and the service life of each set of die is very long: the cost of each set of bending die is only a few thousand yuan, and the manufacturing is simple without repeated experiments. After each set of new die is manufactured, it can be produced directly. The bending die has little wear without damage. Each set of die can be used for at least 10 years, which greatly saves the manufacturing cost of the die.
(3) Press brake can complete the production of “S” and “U” materials: people familiar with stamping molding know that “U” molding is the most difficult. If press molding is used, mold manufacturing needs a certain amount of rebound. The designed concave die needs a small mouth, a large bottom, and the punch has a large head and a small tail. In this way, the punch and die can not fit together. If there is no rebound, the products produced will not meet the technical requirements and are difficult to repair. This problem can be solved by forming multiple times with a press brake machine, so as to realize the production of “U” shaped parts.
(4) The press brake machine can better adapt to the trial production of new products without increasing any cost: for bending production, one die set with multiple functions has always been the advantage of bending production. No matter how the shape changes, the production tasks of materials with different sizes and angles can be completed by applying a set of punch and die according to the size requirements of the template or drawing.
(5) The press brake can complete a variety of polygon forming with different heights. The press brake machine can complete the multi bend production with different edge heights through the turnover of materials and the setting of angles.
(6) The press brake has the deflection compensation function: when bending and forming a long workpiece, due to the long material, there will be a certain deviation between the forming angle of the middle position and the positions on both sides, which will lead to a large difference in the local position angle. The press brake can adjust the angle of each position by adjusting the deflection compensation value, so as to make the bent and formed material into a straight line, instead of manual secondary adjustment and repair. It makes the production of long parts simpler, reduces labor intensity, shortens production time and improves product quality.
Disadvantages of press brake
(1) There are certain requirements for the thickness of materials.
Generally, the thickness of the materials formed by bending is not more than 50mm, and the materials more than 50mm require a large bending force. The types of press brakes commonly used in enterprises are 400t, 300t, 160t, 80t.
(2) It is easy to fracture the material during bending forming
In the process of bending, because burr or oxide layer will be generated at the edges and corners during cutting and cutting, it is easy to cause crack or fracture of materials during bending, so it is difficult to ensure the quality of products.
(3) Some materials will produce large indentations when bending
Indentation is the most common problem affecting product quality in bending forming. Because the selected bending die is inappropriate or the required die set must be used for materials and parts, a certain indentation can not be avoided, so it is necessary to increase the grinding process. The polished materials and parts also need to be tested for thickness. Some materials and parts will be scrapped due to deep indentation, thus increasing the cost.
(4) During bending forming, some materials will slip, and the bending part cannot be turned up
For square materials, it will not fail to turn up, while for the forming of some irregular materials, it is easy to turn out, resulting in the materials failing to meet the process standard.
Parts and functions of press brake machine
Generally, the press brake machine includes four main parts:
- Mechanical parts
- Electrical parts
- Hydraulic parts
- NC/CNC controller
And the following describes the details and functions of each part, let’s dive into it.
The frame of the press brake is welded by the left and right upright plate, worktable, supporting bodies and fuel tanks. The worktable is under the left and right uprights. The fuel tank is welded with the uprights, which can improve the rigidity and strength of the frame, as well as increase the heat dissipation area of the hydraulic oil.
Features of Press Brake Structure:
- Adopt a fully welded structure, with sufficient strength and rigidity;
- Up transmission of hydraulic oil, the cylinders on both ends of press brake are installed on the slider, directly drive the sliding work;
- Slider adopt torsion to force synchronization;
- Adopt mechanical stopper, stable and reliable;
- Slider stroke is adjusted by the controller, fine adjustment manually, counter display;
- Wedge-shaped crowning, to ensure a higher bending accuracy.
The ram is made from the whole steel plate and is connected with the piston rod in the center of the left and right oil cylinder. The cylinder is fixed on the connecting plate of the left and right wall plate, and the piston rod is driven by the hydraulic drive to move the slider up and down.
In order to ensure the accurate positioning of the ram in the upper dead point, a grating ruler is arranged on both sides of the ram to transfer the position information back to NC controller, and the position is adjusted by the controller. At the same time to ensure the synchronous operation of the ram.
The ram adopts hydraulic transmission and the ram system consists of the slider, oil cylinder and mechanical stopper for fine adjustment.
The left and right cylinders are fixed on the frame, and the piston (rod) is driven by the hydraulic pressure to move the ram up and down.
The mechanical stopper is controlled by the numerical control system.
The forward and backward movement of the back stopper is driven by the motor, and the moving distance of back stopper is controlled by CNC controller, with minimum reading 0.01mm (there is stroke limit switch both at the front and back position).
The mechanical synchronization mechanism consists of torsion, swing arm, joint bearings etc. It has a simple structure, stable and reliable performance, as well as high precision synchronization.
The position of the mechanical press brake stops is adjusted by the motor, while the data is controlled by the CNC controller.
The back gauge of the CNC press brake adopts motor driving transmission, to realize synchronous movement by two ball screws and timing belt.
The backgauge distance is controlled by the CNC controller.
Press Brake coordinates:
X, Y, Z directions of press brake are as follows, the arrow in the figure is positive.
Press brake axis can be classified as follows:
Y1—the left cylinder of the ram;
Y2—the right cylinder of the ram;
W-lower beam convex compensation cylinder (ie deflection compensation system);
X, X1, X2—move back and forth of the back gauge;
R, R1, R2—moves up and down of the back gauge;
Z, Z1, Z2—move left and right of the back gauge;
Note: The ram position can be programmed by an absolute value equation or the angular value;
The position of each control axis of the press brake is shown in the table below:
|Axis||Zero position||Actual value|
|Y1 ram left（Up or down）||Work surface||Distance from the surface of the table to the upper die|
|Y2 ram right（Up or down）||Work surface||Distance from the surface of the table to the upper die|
|X、X1、X2 backgauge〔back and forth〕||Lower die center||Maximum distance from the center of the lower die to the back gauge|
|R、R1、R2 backgauge（Up and down）||Lower die surface||The distance from the lowest point of the back gauge to the highest point of the back gauge|
|Z1 backgauge left〔Left to right〕||Machine left side||The distance from the leftmost side of the machine to the center of the left backgauge head|
|Z2 backgauge right（Right to left）||Machine right side||The distance from the rightmost side of the machine to the center of the left backgauge head|
Front Support Arms
The front supporter arms of the press brake are fixed on the T-groove or linear guide in front of the machine and are designed with a manually adjusted back position claw.
Foot Pedal Switch
The pedal switch of the press brake is mainly used to control the up and down of the top punch during bending operation. There is also one emergency button on top of the pedal switch for emergencies.
Press Brake clamps including normal standard clamps and fast clamping tools for quick change of the top punch.
Clearly, fast clamping tools will make it much easier for change punch die, not only convenient but also time-saving.
Kits and accessories
|1||User Manual||1 Copy|
|2||Foundation Screw||4 Pieces|
|4||Oil Gun||1 Set|
|5||Front Supporter||2 Pieces|
|6||Pedal Switch||1 Set|
Generally, the press brake will be equipped with a steel fence to protect the workers from injury. If you want to have better safety assurance, then you can consider using a light curtain safety device and laser protection device.
As I know, the safety of the machine must reach a certain degree, otherwise, it’s forbidden to use it. So I suggest you equip the press brake with at least light curtain device for safety consideration.
Press Brake Safety Guards
Press Brake Light Curtains
Press Brake Laser Guard
The commonly used press brake gauge including angle gauge, angle ruler and venier.
Electrical system of press brake machine
Press brake power supply using three-phase AC 50HZ 380V power (can be customized), can not only be directly used for the main motor operation, but also for the rear gear servo and equipment lighting use after output AC voltage through the system internal transformer. The other group form into two sets of DC 24V after rectification, one way for CNC controller use, the other for the use of controlling loop.
Different manufacturers will design different press brake wiring diagrams. When you purchase it, the suppliers will send you the wiring diagram together with the hydraulic diagram as well as the installation and operation manuals. If you did not see it when you receive the machine, please contact your supplier immediately.
The following press brake wiring diagram is from us, just for your reference.
Hydraulic system of press brake machine
Press Brake Hydraulic System Working Principle
The motor, oil pump, valve are connected with the fuel tank, in order to ensure that the oil tank is filled with oil when the ram is rapidly falling, the structure of the filling valve is adopted, which will not only improve the travel speed of the ram but also save energy.
The hydraulic control of CNC press brakes requires a high degree of automation and standardization rate in manufacturing. Therefore, the press brakes must integrate the hydraulic system into it.
The frame of the press brake becomes the basis for the installation of hydraulic parts and integrate the oil tank into the stamping frame.
Three control block style
It has three control blocks.
Two with the middle plate filling valve and the main control block directly installed in the hydraulic cylinder in order to achieve the pipe-free connection between the main control block and the hydraulic cylinder.
The back pressure assembly consists of a reversing seat valve and two relief valves, corresponding to the customer’s requirement as a non-leaking type.
The main installation here is the proportional relief valve and a maximum pressure shut off valve, as well as monitor the reversal valve at the position of the pilot valve.
Central control block
The central control block combined three control blocks into one which is mainly used in some special structure due to control reasons.
The control block and the connection between the two hydraulic cylinders must in a symmetrical layout.
It uses an SFA series of oil filling valves.
The valve is in a flange structure, directly installed in the hydraulic cylinder, and connected to the tank by a suction pipe.
Sensor and axis interface distributor
All the solenoid valves are concentrated in a control block. Similarly, the electrical connections of the valves are also concentrated on a single cable to achieve a common connection.
For this purpose, an interface distributor is provided on the central control block.
Hydraulic Oil Cylinder
- What Can We Do If The Hydraulic Cylinder Does Not Work?
- 6 Different Types of Sealing Ring for Hydraulic Cylinder
- Basics of Hydraulic System Pressure Cylinder
Clean the Hydraulic Oil
The hydraulic system has a high requirement for the cleanliness of hydraulic oil. The clean of the oil tank is very important.
When replacing the hydraulic oil, you must discharge the cover of the oil tank. Use the towel to clean the bottom of the tank (do not use cotton yarn), then wash with cleaning coal oil gasoline. For the limitation of tank cover, the arm cannot reach the end of the tank; you can wrap the towel on the bamboo or stick to wipe each corner. Loosen the leaking plug or brake valve to leak out the dirty oil.
Use the cleaning towel to dry the sides and bottom of the tank until it’s clean. If necessary, roll the dough at the welding seam or difficult cleaning places to cling the dirt, and then put on the cover.
Press brake hydraulic oil selection
Recommended hydraulic oil for press brake
The mark value of hydraulic oil is equal to the average value of viscosity when the temperature is 40℃.
If the working pressure and temperature of the hydraulic system are higher, and the working speeds slower, the chose hydraulic oil mark is higher.
It is recommended to use antiwear hydraulic oil ISO VG46# (the average value of viscosity is46mm2/s, when the temperature is 40℃.). If the machine operates under 5℃ for a long period, you can choose hydraulic oil ISO VG32#.
It is also recommended not to use the machine at very low temperatures (below -5°). However, should this occur, and then let the machine run idle for a while. An oil heater can be fitted in the circuit if required.
Under normal working conditions, the oil temperature must not exceed 70℃. Under special conditions, an oil cooler can be fitted as necessary.
- How long to change the hydraulic oil of the press brake?
- How many years to change the press brake hydraulic oil?
- What hydraulic oil does the press brake use?
Fill the oil
The using oil must be clean. Screw the nut of the air filter, filling through the air filter. If using the filling equipment with a filter, you can open the cover of the oil tank and fill directly. Observe oil gauge, when ram stops at Top Dead Spot, the hydraulic oil fills at 80~90% of interspaces.
Make the machine work, first idling then at the maximum stroke to expel any air bubbles in the hydraulic circuit.
Oil Tank Capacity
NC press brake oil tank capacity chart
|Model||Oil Tank Capacity|
CNC press brake oil tank capacity chart
Oil Seal Ring
The oil seal is also a very critical part of the press brake machine.
- How Does the Press Brake Hydraulic System Work?
- Press Brake Hydraulic System: The Ultimate Guide
- Commissioning of the Hydraulic System of CNC Press Brakes
- Pump Control Technology: It Brings Performance Upgrade to Hydraulic Press Brake
The weight of the press brake ranges from 5T to 300T, this is much depending on the size of the machine. For example, for 80T/2000mm press brake, the weight is around 6T, however, the weight for 2000Tx12000mm press brake is over 300T.
Specifications of press brake machine
The specifications of the press brake mainly include nominal pressure, workbench length, workbench height, ram stroke, maximum opening height, ram stroke adjustment, column spacing, throat depth, ram speed, main motor power, oil pump, maximum system pressure, overall dimension, etc.
The above parameters of the press brake machine produced by different manufacturers are different. When purchasing, you must compare them in detail to ensure that the technical parameters of the machine can meet the use requirements.
Application of press brake machine
Press brakes are widely used in energy, transportation, automobile, machinery, metallurgy, shipbuilding, aviation, military, agricultural machinery, petroleum machinery, power generation industries.
Toolings of press brake
What is press brake tooling?
Press brake toolings including the punch and die, for the stamping and separation of sheet metal. The die for forming has a cavity, while for separation it has a blade edge.
- Press Brake Tooling Chart
- Press Brake Dies (Toolings): The Ultimate Guide
- Press Brake Dies Practical Use (and It’s Scope)
Manufacturer of press brake machine
You may want to know who makes the best press brake. The following press brake manufacturer ranking list will definitely help you choose the ideal press brake manufacturers. Maybe we will put our press brake reviews below the list in the near future.
- Top 20 Press Brake Manufacturers
- How Does the manufacturing Accuracy of The Press brake Affect The Bending Accuracy？
Maintenance checklist of press brake machine
Before the press brake maintenance or cleaning of the machine, align the top punch with the bottom die before drop it, then shut down the press brake until the completion of the work. If required to start the machine or other operations, select the jog mode, and ensure safety.
The press brake maintenance checklist is as follows:
Hydraulic oil circuit
- Weekly inspection of the oil levels in oil tanks, should also be checked for hydraulic system maintenance. If oil level below the oil window, the oil tank should be filled with hydraulic oil;
- The hydraulic oil used in the press brake is ISO HM46 or Mobil DTE25;
- The new press brake should change the oil after 2000 hours running, after that change oil for every 4,000-6,000 hours operation. Clean the fuel tank for every oil changing;
- System oil temperature should be between 35℃~60℃, no more than 70 ℃, the too high temperature will lead to deterioration of oily and accessory damage.
- Each time during the oil change, the filter should be replaced or thoroughly cleaned;
- If the press brake has the related alarm or the oil is not clean, or some other unusual things for the filter, the filter should be replaced;
- Clean the air filter on the tank every 3 months, preferably change it every year.
- Monthly cleaning of hydraulic components (substrates, valves, motors, pumps, tubing, etc.), to prevent dirt from entering the system, cannot use detergent;
- One month after the use of the new press brake machine, check whether the bending point of the tubing has deformation, if yes then it should be replaced. After the use of two months, should be fastened to all parts of the connection, the press brake should be shut down to ensure that there was no pressure of the system when doing this work.
If you press brake operators, you should read below press brake common failure analysis carefully, probably it will help you solve big problems.
Inspection checklist of press brake machine
- Standard test order does not mean the actual test order, it is changeable
- Adjusting the mechanism and parts that may affect the precision is prohibited during the test process.
- Workpiece precision inspection conditions:
- Requirements on workpiece
- If the workpiece is made by an A3 steel plate, it’s tensile strength Qb≤ 450MPa
- The number of workpieces shall not less than 3 pieces
- The opening size of the lower die shall be 8-10 times as large as the workpiece thickness
- The workpiece should be put on the worktable middle position
- The bending angle is 90°
- Measure from end 100mm
The inspection method and accuracy range shall be based on GBT-14349-2011-Metal Press Brake- Precision
Note: the worktable is floated, inspection G2, G3 shall refer worktable vertical plate as a benchmark.
Tonnage calculation of press brake machine
You may be wondering how big a press brake do I need? How to calculate the press brake forming force? What’s the formula to calculate press brake tonnage?
The simplest way to know the press brake capacity required by your bending work is to look up in the following chart.
Press brake bending chart (metric)
The bending force given in the above quick lookup table refer to:
The required bending force per meter (T/m) under the conditions of the opening of the lower die and the thickness of the plate is confirmed and the tensile strength of the material is 45kg/ mm²(450N/mm²).
When the material has different tensile strengths of σ (kg/mm²), the required bending force per meter (T/m) can be calculated by the following formula.
F1 = F0·σ/450 (T/m);
- How to Calculate Press brake Tonnage (By Chart, Formula & Calculator)
- Press Brake Tonnage Calculator
- How To Calculate Bending Force in Air Bending (Sheet Metal)?
- Air Bending Force Chart: The Most Authoritative Data From Amada
Press brake controller manual
There are two popular press brake controllers, one is from China’s Estun, which is the sole agent of DELEM control in China, the other one is DELEM from Holland.
- How to Choose Press Brake Controller, NC or CNC?
- Press Brake Controller: E21 V.S E200P
- 4 Ways for Press Brakes Controller Return to the Reference Point
The key factor for the press brake including two parts, one is the machine itself, such as the quality, accuracy, etc, the other one is the control system.
The installation manual and operation manual of press brake controllers in PDF form can be downloaded from the below link.
- Press Brake Estun E21 Operation Manual
- Press Brake Estun E200P Operation Manual
- Press Brake Estun E300 Operation Manual
- Press Brake Delem DA41 Operation Manual
- Press Brake Delem DA52s Operation Manual
- Press Brake Delem DA-66T Operation Manual
- Press Brake Estun E21 Installation Manual
- Press Brake Estun E200P Installation Manual
- Press Brake Estun E300 Installation Manual
Programming and setup of press brake machine
The above operation manual and installation manual of press brake controllers have explained the programming and setup very clear, please download it from above and read it carefully.
How to use the press brake
According to fabricate Q235 mild steel with hydraulic press brake to do a simple introduction:
- First, connect the power, turn on the key switch on the control panel, and then press the pump to start, then you can hear the oil pump rotating sound. (The machine does not run at the current time)
- Stroke adjustment. You must pay attention to stroke adjustment for press brake operation, it must be tested before bending. Must ensure that there is clearance which equals the thickness of the plate when the top punch down to the bottom of the lower die. Otherwise, the mold and press brake will be damaged. The adjustment of the stroke also has the electric quick adjustment and the manual fine adjusts.
- Regarding V-width choosing, generally, the width of the V opening should be 8 times the thickness of the plate. For example, for bending 4mm plate, you should choose 32mm V-opening die.
- Back gauge adjustment generally has electric fast adjustment and manual fine-adjustment.
- Step down the pedal switch to start bending, you can loosen at any time. If loosen the foot, the bending machine will stop, step again to continue bending.
Here we provide press brake operation manuals to guide you in operating press brake.
- Press brake operating manual
- Electro-Hydraulic Servo Press Brake Operation Manual
- 22 Tips For Using New Press Brake
- Tips for Using CNC Press Brake
Besides, if you read the articles on our bending category, you will see various different types of articles writing about press brake and sheet metal bending. So take your time to read it carefully for learning. You will benefit a lot from it.
Training of press brake
How to use a press brake and how to program it?
The best way to learn how to use the press brake is to refer to the manuals. You can download it with above link and learn wherever you are and anytime you want.
DIY press brake
Sometimes, the workshop owners need to bend steel, just for several pieces of steel, so buy a completely new press brake is not the best way. That’s why they want to build a press brake on their own, just to DIY some simple press brake for bending purposes.
Therefore, the homemade metal brake press is what they want.
Here I collect some videos for the home build press brake, hope you can make one with the tutorials been provided.
What is the price of a press brake machine?
How much does a press brake cost? Or what is the price of a press brake?
The price of the CNC press brake machine is mainly determined by factors such as the bending force, bending length and the control system.
In addition, the price of the press brake is also affected by other aspects, such as brand, category, specifications, market, etc.
In order to let you have a general understanding of the price range of the press brake machine, we made the following NC press brake and CNC press brake price table for your reference.
Press Brake Price Table (USD)
|Model||NC Press Brake||CNC Press Brake|
How to choose a press brake machine?
After reading this, I believe you already have a good understanding of the press brake machine. So if you just need it, how to choose between NC and CNC press brake? This article will give you the answer.