When using the hydraulic guillotine shears machine tool, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, and personal injury.
Read all instructions before attempting to operate this shearing machine and keep these instructions.
- The operator must know about the construction and feature of the machine and must carefully read the relative prescribe and request in Operation Manual before operating. If more than one person operates the machine, a director must take charge of the producing!
- Don’t run the machine when your hands or any other parts of your body enter the machine.
- Prohibited the hands enter between the upper and lower dies, in order to avoid any accident!
- Separately add lubrication according to the lubricating diagram
- Keep the guillotine shearing machine and around ground clean and the lines isolating! Especially keep the worktable area clear, avoid something enter between the blades making accident!
- Inspect all parts of the machine usually; make sure there is no hidden danger!
- The max working pressure is 23 MPa: it has been adjusted before outing the factory, the user can adjust it according to the actual situation.
- Opening the electric cabinet by not authorized service personnel is prohibited! Please make sure the Power switch is in the OFF position before opening the door of the electric cabinet!
- Don’t remove this sign and operation manual!
We suggest all users and operators to read this operation manual carefully before using this machine.
This manual is designed for specialized and qualified personnel. It comes complete with diagrams and all the documentation necessary to lift, move and place the machine and instructions for the safe use and maintenance of this machine.
All information contained in here is accurate at the time of print.
However, our company reserves the right to modify and improve specifications without prior notice.
This machine should be properly installed as instructed; regular inspection and faithful maintenance service should be carried out so that good performance can be maintained.
Any incorrect and irresponsible usages may cause irreparable damage to the machine and nullify the safety protection for the operator.
We do not assume any responsibility for improper services or modifications or connections made by unauthorized personnel.
We suggest that all users read and understand this manual before using this hydraulic sheet metal shearing machine.
STANDARD FEATURES OF Guillotine Shearing MACHINE
- Well proven quality and performance.
- Sturdy frame construction for life-long operation.
- Monoblock hydraulic system for minimum piping works with less chance for leakage.
- Double pump hydraulic system provides high speed and independent cutting and holds down force adjustable.
- Hydraulic overload protection as standard built in.
- Illumination light for cutting.
- Quick and accurate blade clearance adjustment with an indication of material thickness for a good cut.
- Hydro-electric adjustment for rake angle setting for minimum distortion and the maximum thickness of the plate to be cut.
- Quality shearing blade made by high chrome, high carbon speedy D2 material in full length, four-sided by U.K. manufacturer.
- Standard motorized back-gauge, stroke 750mm with read out and fine hand wheel adjustment.
- Quality electrical component, with built-in motor overload protection.
- 1000mm squaring arm with scale and disappearing stop.
- Filled up oil tank, ready for work.
- Set of hand tools for maintenance.
Hydraulic Guillotine Shears INSTALLATION
- Packing / Shipment of guillotine shears
All machines leaving the factory are packed with squaring arm and foot panel tied to the handguard. A bag of working hand tools and operation manual is lock inside the electrical panel.
All exposed surfaces of the machine are coated with rust guard, easily removable by kerosene or solvent.
- Lifting the guillotine shearing machine
Use only approved and safe wire rope to lift this machine from two lifting point which is located at both side frame of the machine.
All our shears are designed to be free standing. However, a good quality reinforced concrete floor with a minimum thickness of 150mm should be used.
This machine must be properly leveled to give a good cut. Leveling is done by putting a good leveling gauge at the plate hold down area. Always pre-prepare five pieces of base plate (dimension 150 x 150 x 9mm, minimum) below machine footing to prevent leveling screw from digging into the concrete floor.
On completion of leveling, a cement grout mixture must be packed under and around the feet to maintain correct leveled position.
- Electrical Installation
Be sure that the local power supply is suitable for this machine before any electrical power up. Connect the power cable to the bottom left of the electrical panel to R.S.T.E. terminal.
Some guillotine shearing machine may require N (Neutral) wire.
EQUIPMENT STANDARD CONTROL DEVICE
|Start button||To start the main motor running and control circuit|
|Stop button||To stop the main motor running and control circuit|
|Auto/Man mode||Select the working mode|
|Selector Switch||In Auto mode:|
-Rake angle adjustment function able
-Motorized back gauge function able
-Can command cut by foot pedal onlyIn Man mode:
-Rake angle adjustment not- Function able
-Motorized back gauge not-function able
-Command up and down of top blade carrier by push button ‘↑’ or ‘↓’
|Foot pedal||Push to command cutting blade down and release to have top blade carrier rise in AUTO mode.|
|Illumination light||Working light to shine at cutting blade area, operating at single phase power supply at 220V, 50Hz.|
STARTUP OF GUILLOTINE SHEARING MACHINE
Preparation of hydraulic shearing machine
Remove the squaring arm and foot pedal from handguard area. Set up the squaring arm on the left-hand side (Close to electrical panel) by bolting down to the shearing machine table and two side holes.
STARTING THE SHEARING MACHINE
- Push ‘START’ button and release.
- Motor “on” indicator light turns on.
- Put mode selector from MAN to AUTO position.
- Top blade carrier will rise after a few seconds.
- If not, that means the motor is running in the wrong direction. Switch off the power supply, reverse starts the motor again, any of the two phase wires.
- The top blade carrier will rise and stop when it hit limit switch L/S 2.
RAKE ANGLE ADJUSTMENT
- Put selector switch at ‘AUTO’ mode. Rake angle adjustment works only in this mode.
- Push ‘angle +’ top blade carrier should rise to 3 degrees (Three light should light up) and stop upon hitting limit switch L/S 7.
- Push ‘angle –’ top blade carrier should lower to 1 degree (One light should light up) and stop upon hitting limit switch L/S 5.
- The above confirmed that the rake angle adjustment system is functioning well
SETTING UP SQUARING ARM
- Starts motor and stay on to AUTO mode.
- Push ‘angle –’ button until it reduces the rake angle to 1 degree and stops by hitting limit switch L/S 5.
- Put selector switch to ‘MAN’ mode.
- Push ‘↓’, the top blade will come down and intercept with the lower blade. See that the interception point is about 300mm to 400mm from start of cut (LHS)
- Use a good tri-square to gauge against the top blade to set the squareness of squaring arm by the two side bolts and nuts.
BLADE CLEARANCE ADJUSTMENT
- At the rear of the shearing machine, there is two blade clearance adjustment level on both sides of the machine, both are with an indication of sheet thickness.
- Factory set them at the lowest position during delivery of the machines, which is suitable for cutting mild steel plate 5 to 6mm (1/4”) thick.
- Try to put to other settings by pulling the locking sleeve, then lift upward to 1mm position.
- It would be heavier to put to the top position (1mm) than to lower position (6mm) due to spring pot tension. Both sides of the blade clearance adjustment is factory set and should have about the same tension.
- Put selector switch to AUTO mode, motorized back gauge works only in this mode.
- The motorized back gauge readout is accurately set in the factory and it should correspond to the distance measure from back gauge bar to the cutting edge.
- Push ‘+’ button to bring back gauge bar to the rear, reading increases and stops when hitting maximum travel limit switch L/S 3.
- Push ‘-‘ button to bring back gauge bar to the front, reading is decreasing and stops when hitting minimum travel limit switch L/S 4.
- The parallelism of the back gauge is set in the factory, however, it can be calibrated when necessary.
- Bring back gauge bar to the rear for removing anti-rust coating prior to cutting.
Blade Clearance Table
|Quick blade setting||Clearance||For material thickness||Blade||Clearance|
|Top position||1 to 2 mm||( 1/24’’ to 1/12’’ )||0.05 mm||(0.002”)|
|2nd position||3 to 4.5 mm||( 1/8” to 3/16’’ )||0.3 mm||(0.012”)|
|Lowest position||5 to 6.5mm||(5/24” to 13/48’’ )||0.6 mm||(0.023”)|
- Check for Maximum Clearance
- Set blade clearance lever to lowest position.
- Put rake angle at 3 degrees in ‘AUTO’ mode.
- Switch selector to ‘MAN’ mode.
- Push ‘↓’ button to bring top blade carrier down to have top and bottom blade intercepting point at just before end of blade (RHS)
- Use a feeler gauge to check the clearance at the point of interception, it should be at 0.6mm (0.023”)
- Push ‘↑’ button to bring top blade carrier up until the interception point just before start of cutting
- Use a feeler gauge to check, it should be at 0.6mm (0.023”)
- Check for Minimum Clearance
- Switch selector switch to ‘MAN’ mode.
- Be sure that quick blade clearance levers are set at the 2nd position (3mm). Push ‘↓’ button until top blade carrier goes to the lowest position.
- Bring quick blade clearance levers to the top position (1mm). Push ‘↑’ button until interception point at end of the cut.
- Make measurement with the feeler gauge, it should be 0.05mm (0.002”). Push ‘ ↑ ’ button until the interception point at the start of the cut, take the measurement, it should read 0.05mm (0.002”).
Only experienced and skilled person should be allowed to perform blade clearance checking.
Recommended having two persons work together. The back gauge should be set to the rear (maximum out).
The greatest care must be exercised when setting/check the blade clearance, otherwise, may cause excessive blade damage or injuries to personnel.
Lubrication and Hydraulic Oil
This guillotine shearing machine uses hydraulic oil grade 68, refill or replace only with the same grade of oil as follows:
- FIAT-HTF 68
- ENERGOL HLP 68
- ESSO NUTO H68
- MOBIL-DTE OIL 26
- SHELL-TELLUS S68
- TOTAL-AZOLLA 68
- Oil change after initial 1500 working hours. All the oil must be chained from the oil tank to eliminate all impurities which could have enter during assembly.
- Oil filter should be changed. Use the same grade of oil filter.
- Subsequently, should have the oil change every 5000 working hours.
- Grease all grease nipple points every two weeks. These are found on the back gauge assembly.
Back Gauge Calibration
The back gauge is calibrated correctly in our factory. But it can calibrate when necessary. Following describe the method to adjust parallelism of back gauge.
- Always loosen M14 screw before any adjustment
- To reduce back gauge dimension screw in the M8 screw, then tighten two M6 screws.
- To increase back gauge dimension screw out two M6 screws then tighten M8 screw.
- Tighten M14 screws after calibration is done.
Changing of Shearing Machine Blade
Both top and bottom shear blades are identical and interchangeable. Always put blade clearance to the largest (lowest position).
Put the shearing machine in ‘AUTO’ mode and remove wires ‘F’ and ‘S’ from the terminal block. This is to prevent any unwanted down command of cutting action while working on it.
OFF the machine. Remove bottom blade first then the top blade. Release all small set screw on top blade carrier.
Clean blades and blade housing/sitting. Fix back top blade first then the bottom blade.
Tighten the small set screw on top blade carrier if necessary to close in blade clearance.
Remember to check for minimum clearance, adjust the small set screw to close up blades when require.
Remember to put back wires ‘F’ and ‘S’ to their original position before putting the machine back to working condition.
CAUTION: Always engages qualified and experienced personnel to do this job, otherwise damage to shear blades/machine or may result in personnel injuries.
- Grinding of Shear Blade
The Shear blade is rectangular in shape and has four cutting edges. Only after all four edges are used up then you require regrinding of the blade.
REMEMBER: Grind only the thickness and not the height of the blade.
May require to close in top blade carrier by the screw in tensioning bolt as a result of the loss of Grind-off thickness of the shear blades. (next to quick blade clearance lever).
Hydraulic system (Refer to Hydraulic Circuit – Drg. 9.1 (b) )
- When the foot pedal is press and holds there, valve C and valve D energize and plate clamps come down.
- The pressure switch will trigger valve B to energize and top blade descend to cut material.
- At the end of stroke or by releasing of the foot paddle at any point of the cut, valve A, valve D and valve G energize and top blade rise to T.D.C. and ready for next cut to be commenced.
- To increase rake angle, valve D and valve F are energized.
- To decrease rake angle, valve D and valve E are energized.
- In Auto mode, contactor R4 energize during the idle state.
- Contactor R1 to command plate clamp and blade down when foot paddle is depressed and hold there.
- Release foot paddle for upstroke, contactor R2 must energize.
- Contactor R3 (anti- repetition) is energized as long as foot paddle is depressed during up stroking of the top blade to prevent the second stroke of the top blade.
- Contactor A1 is for the back gauge to move away from cutting edge.
- Contactor A2 is for the back gauge to move towards cutting edge.
Motorized back gauge
- The back gauge serves as a gauging device. When the plate to be cut is pushed into the Shear, it is stopped by the gauge-bar.
- We can move the gauge bar by powered or by hand whee In both cases it is moved by one pair of accurate lead screws.
- In the RAS series machine, the readout is in front of the machine, having set up to 0.1mm increments
- The back-stop bar can be adjusted with reference to straightness. It can be aligned by setting bolts and counter-bolt located in the bar itself.
- It is necessary to lubricate at regular intervals-weekly.
HYDRAULIC GUILLOTINE SHEARS TROUBLESHOOTING
Shearing Machine Cannot Start
- Check incoming power supply
- Check that Emergency Stop is release.
- Check fuse – 3 x 32A, 1 x 10A and 1 x 6A are still not fused.
- Check the transformer output
Shearing Machine Cannot Cut
- Check that selector is in Auto mode.
- Check that limit switch L/S 2 is engaged.
- Check that motor is rotated in a correct rotation.
- Check that foot paddle cable is not broken.
- Check that micro-switch inside foot paddle is working.
Ram Chattering on Down Stroke
- Counterbalance setting pressure is a little too high
- Just release the set screw a little to lower the setting
Shearing Machine Operate By Itself
- Be sure that the Micro-switch inside foot paddle is not damaged.
- Foot paddle cable may be shorted to each other.
Fuse F2, 10A Fused
- Transformers faulty, replace it
Fuse F3, 6A Fused
- Rectifiers faulty, replace it.
Plate Clamp Come down But Top Blade Carrier Not Working
- Pressure switch not working.
- Wire to pressure switch may be broken.
Hydraulic Guillotine Shears Drawings and Spare Parts List
(A) FRONT VIEW
(B) REAR VIEW
LIFTING of Hydraulic Guillotine Shearing Machine
PLACING OF LEVELING GAUGE
NOTE: MAKE SURE THE LEVELING GAUGE, NOT TOUCHING THE BLADE AND PLACE IT AS SHOWN ABOVE
GUILLOTINE SHEARS BACK-GAUGE ASSEMBLY
Want to get a quote from our expert engineers?
Don't miss this opportunity to get free and best advice from experts in the field.