5 Tips On Fillet Processing

Whether it is manual operation or equipment processing, more and more sheet metal processing enterprises begin to integrate fillet processing into the parts processing process chain.

Rounding off the rough edges of parts is not only to prevent industrial accidents, but also to ensure the smooth follow-up processing of parts after accurate rounding off.

Here are five practical tips for fillet machining:

fillet machining

1. Cost calculation

Nowadays, sheet metal processors are more and more aware that fillet machining can greatly facilitate the subsequent machining process.

Some parts are polished, brushed and polished by manual operation;

Others use deburring machines for the above operations. So which way is better?

First of all, you can calculate how much consumables cost burr processing will bring to your enterprise.

Although many enterprises have integrated fillet treatment into their own process chain, they are often not very clear about the actual costs such as labor, abrasive tools and machine energy consumption.

Therefore, several important questions need to be raised, such as how much labor and man hours are required for deburring? Is it necessary to deburr the parts on both sides?

2. Reduce man hours and resources for deburring

If the deburring process needs to be integrated into your production process, you also need to consider how to optimize the logistics process before and after fillet machining.

For example, reasonably arrange processes such as material flow, manipulator, on-line operation or rotary conveying of parts.

And how to save man hours and resources, especially how to reduce the labor intensity of operators: even lifting and turning parts weighing less than 25 kg need to consume considerable physical strength.

In addition, manual deburring will make workers’ hands vibrate for a long time, which will have an adverse impact on their health.

Reduce man hours and resources for deburring

3. Make a reasonable choice and focus on the important deburring process

The term “deburring” often covers many different sheet metal processing operations: from removing slag, burr, fillet, removing oxide layer on section to final surface treatment of parts.

Therefore, before selecting equipment, it is necessary to accurately define the deburring process requirements you need.

For example, if you need to deburr and slightly fillet 80% of the parts, you should take this as the core to formulate the processing process without trying to integrate the remaining 20% of the surface treatment requirements into the production chain at the same time.

4. Process according to actual needs

If you want to process high-quality sheet metal parts, rounding off the rough edges of the sheet metal is an indispensable process.

After rounding, the burr can avoid the risk of industrial injury in operation, and optimize the next processing steps, such as welding or spraying.

Before fillet treatment, it is necessary to determine the fillet machining accuracy of the workpiece, for example, determine the specific machining accuracy according to the required anti-corrosion performance.

Generally, fillet machining can be carried out according to the actual needs. On the premise of meeting the machining requirements, the principle of less is less.

After all, doubling the machining depth means using four times the cutting capacity (which leads to an increase in the cost of grinding consumables).

5. Unborn things do not need to be removed

The application of deburring technology in sheet metal processing makes many processors mistakenly believe that they can operate carelessly when cutting or stamping plates.

Anyway, deburring treatment should be carried out in the end.

This view is just a big mistake!

The careful processing of cutting and stamping processes can reduce the burr of parts, not only save subsequent working hours, but also reduce the loss of grinding tools of deburring machine.

For example, advanced plasma cutting machine can process sheet metal parts with less burrs, but it is necessary to reasonably set the cutting speed, operating current and plate spacing.

Improve part quality through fillet treatment

Sheet metal processing enterprises should not only think that it is all right to integrate advanced cutting technology into their own production process, but their subsequent deburring and fillet treatment should also be included in the planning of the process chain.

The deburring technology perfectly adapted to your own production needs can be integrated into your processing line at low cost and play a positive role in improving product quality for sustainability.

Need help?

If you want to know the price of our machine, or have any questions, pls feel free to contact us.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!
Scroll to Top