Metal laser cutting machine as a sharp tool of mechanical metal processing and manufacturing industry, many related enterprises will use it to replace the traditional cutting equipment.
However, this large precision equipment will have many problems due to improper operation or lack of maintenance. In the process of cutting, the problem of not cutting through often occurs.
So how can we solve this problem?
Now I will introduce the causes and solutions for the phenomenon of not cutting through with laser.
Causes for laser not cutting through
Laser cutting is a complex process. In the process of cutting, the incision is often not smooth or not cutting all the way through.
There are many reasons for the failure of the cutting. The most common one is that the power of the laser is reduced or the lamp tube is aging, which makes the energy of the laser beam insufficient, resulting in the failure of the sample cutting through.
If the cutting speed is too fast, the focusing lens is damaged, the focusing effect is poor, the light path is not correct, and the voltage is unstable, all these are the reasons why the laser cutting is not all the way through.
Of course, there are many factors that cause the incision is not smooth or cut through, such as the material itself, the auxiliary gas pressure is not enough, the cooling system water turbidity, poor heat dissipation effect and so on.
We should take the problem of laser cutting not through seriously and find out the solution to these problems, which is of great significance to improve the production efficiency and ensure the quality of laser cutting.
The following is a detailed list of six reasons for laser cutting not through.
Reason 1: the laser power decreases
After a long time of use, the laser power of fiber laser cutting machine will gradually reduce with the use of time, resulting in the decline of cutting ability, and also the situation of not cutting through.
Reason 2: optical element pollution
Optical elements include focus lens, reflector, etc. because they are in poor working environment for a long time, it is easy to leave residue on the surface of these lenses, which reduces the laser power of the equipment and leads to the situation of incomplete cutting.
Reason 3: light spot debugging is not up to standard
The light spot of fiber laser cutting machine is an important factor affecting the cutting quality. When the light spot debugging can not reach the standard, the cutting will not get a clean through cut.
Reason 4: the cutting speed of the equipment is too fast
If the cutting speed is too fast, the situation of missing cutting will inevitably occur, which will lead to the situation of not cutting through.
Reason 5: the auxiliary gas pressure is not enough
Auxiliary gas is used to help blow off the residue during cutting. When the air pressure can not reach, the residue is difficult to remove, which will lead to impermeable cutting.
Reason 6: the thickness of the processed plate exceeds the cutting thickness of the equipment
Different power fiber laser cutting machine will have a cutting thickness range, if it exceeds the thickness range, the cutting effect of the equipment will not be ideal, including the situation of not cutting through.
Solutions for laser not cutting through
- For the problem that the laser power drops and the current is small, we should replace the laser tube in time and use a larger voltage regulator to increase the laser current output and improve the output power.
- It is necessary to reduce the cutting speed properly, clean the contaminated mirrors timely and reasonably, and replace the focusing lenses.
- If the light path is not correct, you can readjust the light path and adjust the focal length until the laser makes a round spot on the paper.
- When cutting copper and aluminum, it is better to polish the surface or apply light absorbing material in advance to deal with the problem of high reflection rate.
- Clean the foreign matters in the nozzle regularly, increase the pressure of the auxiliary gas, and change the distilled water of the cooling system in time.
These measures can effectively solve the problem that the sample is not cut through, and hope to help you
If you encounter problems that cannot be solved by yourself, you must inform the supplier in time to find professional after-sales personnel for further study, inspection and maintenance.
Maintenance of fiber laser cutting machine
- Use a vacuum cleaner to remove the dust and dirt in the machine once a week, and all electrical cabinets should be closed for dust prevention.
- Always check the steel belt of fiber laser cutting machine, and make sure it is tight. Otherwise, if there is a problem in the operation, it may hurt people and even lead to death. The steel belt looks like a small thing, but if something goes wrong, it’s still a bit serious.
- Check the straightness of the optical fiber laser cutting machine track and the verticality of the machine every six months, and timely maintain and debug in case of any abnormality. If you don’t do this, the cutting effect may not be very good, and the error will increase, which will affect the cutting quality. This is the most important thing to do.
- The double focal length laser cutting head is a vulnerable item on the laser cutting machine, which is damaged due to long-term use.
- The guide rails of optical fiber laser cutting machine should be cleaned regularly to eliminate dust and other debris, to ensure the normal operation of the equipment. The rack should be wiped frequently, and the lubricating oil should be added to ensure the lubrication without debris. The guide rail and the motor should be cleaned and lubricated frequently, so that the machine can move better and cut more accurately, and the quality of the cut products will be improved.
Want to get the price of our laser cutting machine?
Our sales team will recommend the most suitable laser cutting machine for you according to your practical needs. Trust me!