Powder metallurgy is the processing technology to make metal powder.
Or using metal powder (or a mixture of a metal powder and a non-metal powder) as a raw material, and formed and sintered to produce a metal material, a composite material, and various types of articles.
Powder metallurgy has similarities with ceramics production and belongs to powder sintering technology.
Therefore, a series of new powder metallurgy technologies can also be used for the making of ceramic materials.
Due to the advantages of powder metallurgy technology, it has become the key to solving new material problems and plays a decisive role in the development of new materials.
Powder metallurgy includes making power and making products.
Among them, the power metallurgy is mainly a metallurgical process, which is literally consistent.
Powder metallurgy products often go far beyond the scope of materials and metallurgy, often across multiple disciplines (materials and metallurgy, machinery and mechanics, etc.).
Especially the modern metal powder 3D printing, which combines mechanical engineering, CAD, reverse engineering technology, layered manufacturing technology, numerical control technology, material science and laser technology, makes powder metallurgy product technology become a modern comprehensive technology spanning more disciplines.
Powder metallurgy has a unique chemical composition and mechanical and physical properties that are not available with conventional fusion casting methods.
Porous, semi-dense or fully dense materials and articles can be directly produced using powder metallurgy techniques.
Such as oil-containing bearings, gears, cams, guides, tools, etc., is a less cutting process.
(1) Powder metallurgy technology can minimize the segregation of alloy components and eliminate coarse and uneven cast structure.
Preparation of high performance rare earth permanent magnet materials, rare earth hydrogen storage materials, rare earth luminescent materials, rare earth catalysts, high temperature superconducting materials, new metal materials (such as Al-Li alloy, heat resistant Al alloy, super alloy, powder corrosion resistant stainless steel, powder high-speed steel, high-temperature structural materials such as intermetallic compounds, etc.) play an important role.
(2) A series of high performance non-equilibrium materials such as amorphous, microcrystalline, quasicrystal, nanocrystalline and supersaturated solid solution can be prepared.
These materials have excellent electrical, magnetic, optical and mechanical properties.
(3) It is easy to realize various types of recombination, and give full play to the respective characteristics of each component material, and is a process technology for producing high-performance metal-based and ceramic composite materials at low cost.
(4) It can produce materials and products with special structure and performance that cannot be produced by ordinary smelting methods, such as new porous biological materials, porous separation membrane materials, high-performance structural ceramic abrasives and functional ceramic materials.
(5) Near net formation and automated mass production can be achieved, thereby effectively reducing production resources and energy consumption.
(6) It can make full use of ore, tailings, steelmaking sludge, rolling steel scales, and recycling waste metal as raw materials. It is a new technology that can effectively carry out material regeneration and comprehensive utilization.
The common machining tools, hardware grinding tools are made by powder metallurgy technology.
Powder metallurgy related enterprises are mainly used in the automotive industry, equipment manufacturing, metal industry, aerospace, military industry, instrumentation, hardware tools, electronic appliances and other fields of spare parts production and research, as well as related raw materials, accessories production, various types powder making equipment, sintering equipment manufacturing.
Products include bearings, gears, carbide tools, molds, friction products and more.
Among the military enterprises, heavy-duty weapons and equipment such as armor-piercing projectiles, torpedoes, etc., and aircraft and tank brakes are all required to be produced by powder metallurgy.
(1) Applications: (automobile, motorcycle, textile machinery, industrial sewing machines, power tools, hardware tools, engineering machinery, etc.) various powder metallurgy (iron-copper-based) parts.
- Powder metallurgy porous material
- Powder metallurgy antifriction material
- Powder metallurgy friction material
- Powder metallurgy structural parts
- Powder metallurgy mold material
- Powder metallurgy electromagnetic material
- Powder metallurgy high temperature material
Want to get a quote from our expert engineers?
Don't miss this opportunity to get free and best advice from experts in the field.