Then, the companion of the street light is the light pole.
The light pole, an integral part of the street light, people always pay attention to how bright the light bulb of the street light is, but ignore the silent pole that supports this light.
Today, I will tell you about the story of the light pole.
First, let’s take a look at what standards should be used for street light poles?
Light pole standard
Light pole height:
Generally speaking, workers need to survey and measure different environments; then select different parameters of the poles according to the brightness of the LED light source.
Application scenario: Most of the scenic spots use solar garden lights, and the height of the lamp pole is relatively low.
Light pole material:
For example, steel structures are generally used on roadsides, which have great requirements on the sturdiness of the lamp poles. However, in the scenic area, only a simple light pole is needed, because collisions and other situations will not occur in the scenic area.
Such standards are part of the industry’s rigid requirements, and part of them are accumulated by enterprises based on their many years of production experience.
Ps: So the requirement when choosing a light pole is to ensure safety.
Light pole type
Light poles can be divided into iron light poles, FRP light poles, cement light poles, and aluminum alloy light poles according to their materials.
Iron light pole
The advantages of iron light pole
- High strength
The disadvantages of iron light pole
- Easy to corrode and rust;
- The weight is three times that of aluminum, and the transportation and installation costs are high;
- Limited recycling value;
- Do not use plug-in installation;
- The surface treatment method is monotonous.
FRP light pole
The advantages of FRP light pole:
- Light weight and easy installation;
- Plug-in installation is available.
Disadvantages of FRP light poles:
- Short service life;
- No recycling value, very difficult and expensive to dispose of;
- Ultraviolet damage to the rod is very serious;
- Maintenance costs are too high;
- Easy to be damaged by external equipment.
Cement light pole
Advantages of cement light pole:
- Plug-in installation can be used;
- Good strength;
- No need to spray.
Disadvantages of cement light poles:
- Very heavy, which brings expensive transportation costs;
- No recycling value;
- Installation equipment is expensive and difficult to install;
- Dangerous than other materials.
Advantages of aluminum pole:
- Good anti-corrosion performance
- Light weight, convenient for transportation and installation
- Various surface treatment methods
- Longer life than iron and FRP light poles
- 100% recycling, low melting temperature, energy saving and emission reduction
- Plug-in installation is available
- Smaller amplitude than glass fiber reinforced plastic lamp pole
Disadvantages of aluminum alloy poles:
Compared to iron poles, the strength of aluminum alloy poles is relatively low, but the strength of aluminum alloy poles can reach the T6 standard through post-heat treatment.
Due to the numerous advantages of aluminum poles and other poles that are incomparable, aluminum alloy poles have been commonly used in developed countries such as Europe and America.
So, after understanding the standard, let’s see how the light pole is made!
Light pole production process
1. Metal plate cutting
In the whole process of cutting, several automatic plasma cutting is adopted, and the incision is fine, and the slit is not more than 1mm, which creates many favorable conditions for the subsequent process.
- Before cutting, first adjust the slope of the slitter and the required cutting size.
- Determine the position of the steel plate to ensure the maximum size of the remaining material, so that the remaining material can be used.
- The length dimension is guaranteed when decoiling. The wide bottom dimension is required to be ≤ 2mm. The tolerance for the size of the cutting is positive for each section of the light pole; generally: 0-2mm. The small head takes a negative tolerance. After the size is adjusted, it is completed by a strip cutting machine and an automatic cutting machine.
- In terms of equipment: the operation of the rolling shear equipment should be checked when decoiling the material, and debris on the track should be cleared to maintain the equipment in good operating condition.
2. Bend forming
The CNC hydraulic press brake with a length of 12 meters is used, with high control precision, beautiful shape of the lamp pole, roundness of not more than 1mm, smooth appearance, and more than 12 meters in one forming.
The forming part is a more important point, which needs to be operated by a CNC bending machine.
Compared with the traditional bending machine, the CNC bending machine improves the characteristics of the bending machine such as accuracy and speed. It can realize automatic avoidance and direct angle calculation.
Therefore, as far as possible, the CNC bending machine is used to complete the forming step.
Bending is the most critical process in the production of light poles. The quality of the bend directly affects the quality of the light pole and cannot be repaired after bending.
Specific attention is as follows:
- Before bending: First remove the slag of the sheet to ensure that no slag will crush the mold during bending.
- Check the length, width and straightness of the sheet, and the straightness≤1/1000. If the straightness meets the requirements, correct it, especially the polygonal rod must ensure the straightness.
- Increase the bending depth of the bending machine to determine the position of the sheet.
- Mark the sheet correctly, and the error is ≤ ±1mm.
- Correct alignment and correct bending to minimize the seam of the pipe, while the height of the two sides is not greater than 5mm.
Adopting CNC automatic closing machine for welding, the welding seam is formed at one time, and the surface is uniform.
This device integrates closing and welding functions, which overcomes the traditional integrity of the entire straight weld due to spot welding.
During welding, straight seam welding is performed on the bent pipe seam. Because welding is automatic arc welding, and the welder should have more responsibility. When welding, pay attention to adjust the welding position to ensure the straightness of the weld.
4. Repairing & Grinding
Repairing and grinding is to repair the defects of the tube blank after automatic welding. The repairing person should inspect the pole one by one, and find the defects to be repaired. After the repair welding is completed, the grinding is carried out. The repaired joint is basically the same as the automatic weld.
During the entire production process, it is shaped twice.
The first time after the welding of the longitudinal seam of the light pole is completed, it is beneficial to the correctness of the welding of the light pole and the consistency of the appearance of the whole batch of light poles;
The second time is performed after galvanizing and before spraying, to eliminate the bending of the lamp post due to thermal stress in hot galvanizing.
The finished product guarantees that the straightness of the light pole is not greater than 1‰ and the total length is not greater than 5mm.
The shaping process includes the straightening of the light pole, the full circle of the two ends of the blank pole and the polygonal diagonal dimension. The general tolerance: <±2mm. The straightness error of the blank rod does not exceed: ≤±1.5 / 1000.
6. Flatten end face
The end face flattening process is to flatten both ends of the bent pipe blank to ensure that the nozzle is perpendicular to the center line, and there is no angle and height unevenness. After the flattening, the end face is polished.
7. Welding bottom flange & rib plate
The key to spot welding the bottom flange and rib plate is to ensure that the bottom flange is perpendicular to the straight center line of the lamp, the rib plate is perpendicular to the bottom flange, and at the same time flat to the straight bus of the lamp.
8. Opening door
In the process of this process, you must be bold and careful. First of all, you must look at the drawing to determine the direction of the door, and then position it according to the drawing size.
Dimensions include: up and down, left and right, and door frame size.
Care must be taken when plasma cutting to ensure that the cutting line is straight, and the door panel and the light pole are welded accordingly.
9. Welding door strip, electrical bar, lock seat
When welding a 40mm wide door strip, the 8-10mm projected position should be straightened, especially when spot welding, the door strip should be close to the light pole, and the welding should be firm.
The welding of electrical strip and lock base are mainly determined according to the drawing. The lock base is welded in the middle of the door with an error of ≤ ±2mm. Keep the upper level and cannot exceed the light pole.
10. Bend fork
The bend fork process has the same properties as the door opening process and should be bold and careful. First pay attention to the direction of the door, second pay attention to the starting point, third pay attention to the angle of the fork, and traction speed. Do not flicker, and ensure 100% yield.
The quality of galvanizing directly affects the quality of the light pole. After galvanizing, the surface is smooth and has no color difference. There must be no sagging. Lamp pole with serious sagging must be re-plated.
Inspection before galvanizing
Before the galvanization, the surface of the lamp post is thoroughly inspected for paint welding, and if there is, it is cleaned.
Perform necessary degreasing treatment on the surface of the light pole. After immersing in the degreasing pool for 15-30 minutes to remove the oil, clean it in the washing pool for more than two times.
The surface of the lamp post is cleaned with an oxide layer. The time in hydrochloric acid is 20-40 minutes to remove the oxide layer. If there is a local oxide layer on the surface, it is treated with a tool and then pickled for 15 minutes.
After pickling, the acid ions on the surface of the lamp pole must be removed in the cleaning tank, and the cleaning times must be more than two times.
After the cleaning of the light pole is completed, zinc treatment is carried out in the zinc-assisting bath, and the temperature is controlled at 60-70 ?C for 3 minutes. Zinc aid ingredients were analyzed every 4 hours.
After cooling with water, in order to prevent white rust (zinc oxide) on the galvanized surface, the chromic acid treatment must be performed on the galvanized surface. At this time, a yellow passivation liquid is generated on the surface, and it will naturally fade after rain.
The purpose of spraying is to be beautiful and to prevent corrosion.
Polish the surface of the galvanized rod with a polishing wheel to ensure that the surface of the light rod is smooth and flat.
Straighten the polished light pole and shape the mouth shape. The light pole must have a straightness of 1/1000. The caliber requirements are: small rod ≤ ± 1mm; high rod ≤ ± 2mm.
(1) Strictly adhere to the requirements of plastic spraying process after galvanizing. Spray technology is applied to the rod body before spraying to increase adhesion without damaging the hot-dip galvanized layer.
(2) Strictly control the curing time and curing temperature to ensure that the plastic layer is uniform, smooth and free of pores.
13. Equip door
(1) The power distribution door is cut by a CNC plasma cutting machine, which has the advantages of high accuracy and small cutting, and is integrated with the rod body.
(2) There is a grounding device and a ground wire inside the pole door.
14. Install door panel
- After galvanizing all the door panels, the processing includes hanging zinc, leaking zinc, and storing zinc in the keyhole.
- When drilling the screw holes, the electric drill must be perpendicular to the door panel, the gap around the door panel is equal, and the door panel is flat.
- After the screws are fixed, the door panel cannot be loose, and the stand must be firm to prevent it from falling off during transportation.
- Plastic spray powder: Put the light pole with the door into the spray room, spray the plastic powder color according to the production plan, and then enter the drying room. The temperature and holding time of the drying room must be strictly according to the requirements of the plastic powder to ensure quality requirements such as powder adhesion and finish.
15. Factory inspection
Factory inspections are carried out by the factory quality inspectors. The factory inspectors must inspect items one by one according to the items tested by the light poles. The inspectors must record and archive at the same time.
The above is the production process of light poles. Do you have a new understanding of street light poles?
Finally, I would like to remind you that you must make and choose the light pole according to the actual situation of the street light. The street light of different positions must choose the light pole with different parameters, and ensure the highest lighting efficiency with the least cost.