Can aluminum plate be cut by laser?
A few years ago, the laser cutting machine was able to cut the aluminum plate. At that time, the workers smeared ink on the aluminum plate (it is said that the reflection coefficient of the aluminum plate is high, so they are afraid of reflecting the laser) before cutting. In addition, the parameters of the laser are not easy to adjust. At that time, only 1 mm thick aluminum plate can be cut. After accumulating experience, the aluminum plate incision is very smooth and there is no slag hanging.
Laser cutting aluminum plate also depends on the power of laser generator. The maximum thickness of 6000W can be cut to 16mm, 4500W to 12mm, but the processing cost is high
Because it is a high reflective material, laser cutting is to use the focused high power density laser beam to irradiate the workpiece, so that the irradiated material can melt, vaporize, ablate or reach the ignition point quickly. At the same time, with the help of high-speed air flow coaxial with the beam, the molten material can be blown away, so as to realize the cutting of the workpiece.
Is the cut surface of laser cutting aluminum plate as smooth as other materials?
The aluminum plate cut is also smooth
Aluminum plate is only a high reflective material, need a large laser generator
Cutting gas, like other materials, is cut with nitrogen, which will not cause unsmooth surface.
Characteristics of laser cutting aluminum plate
- Fine cutting seam: the cutting seam of laser cutting aluminum plate is generally 0.1mm-0.2mm.
- Smooth cutting surface: there is no burr and slag on the cutting surface of laser cutting aluminum plate.
- Small thermal deformation: the slit is thin, the speed is fast, and the energy is concentrated, so the heat transferred to the cut material is small, and the deformation of the material is also very small.
- Material saving: laser processing uses computer programming, laser equipment can be different shapes of aluminum plate processing parts for material cutting, improve the material utilization of aluminum plate, save a lot of material cost.
- How thick the aluminum plate can be cut depends on the power of the laser generator. Generally, the maximum thickness of 6000W can be cut to 16mm, and 4500W can be cut to 12mm.
Aluminum plate is a kind of high reflection material, which causes great damage to laser!
In general, we do not recommend customers to use optical fiber laser cutting machine to cut aluminum plate, or use as little as possible!
A laser is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It’s not worth the loss if it’s broken!
According to personal experience, the price of CO2 laser cutting machine is relatively low, and the power of laser generator is high, so we can try to cut aluminum plate when we need it. Pay attention to coating black light absorbing material on the aluminum plate to prevent the reflector from burning the lens or laser head.
Precautions for laser cutting aluminum plate: aluminum plate belongs to high reflection material, which causes great damage to laser, so it should be used as little as possible. It is suggested that the aluminum plate less than 6 mm should be processed by numerical control punch, and the aluminum plate more than 6 mm should be processed by water cutting.
Contact our expert engineers for a quote
You will get a reply from us within 24 hours.